Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
has any 1 been to Camp Valkanela? we are going back to croatia in the summer and last year went to camping stoja in pula and the beach is a bit rocky for kids. any info would be great, cheers tommy

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
We were there last year June I think, its a big site but there is plenty of room and in the high season a lot going on I am sure it was rocks but flat ones and proper bathing areas not like the one at pula you stayed at. There is a lovely village next to it Vrsar which is worth a visit and you can get there on your bike

Attachments

• Valkanela,  Vrsar (4).jpg
    Valkanela, Vrsar (4).jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Vrsar (5).jpg
    Vrsar (5).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
thanks for your reply. we are going down with friends and we have a mixed range of child ages from 16 down to 1 with a few in between:winky: would you recommend the site for kids? thanks tommy.

the pics look good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Plenty of facts here about the site. Seems to be very big, but with plenty of amenities :Smile:

Link Removed

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Plenty of facts here about the site. Seems to be very big, but with plenty of amenities :Smile:

Link Removed

thanks for that, ive seen that site and the company has a few sites and after looking at them all this was the one we thought would be better for the kids (big ones aswell :ROFLMAO:)

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
Hello Tommy

I would say it should be okay as I take it you are going in the holidays and should be plenty of entertainment on and there is a couple of boat rides out of Vrsar I cannot remember if you could get a boat ride from the site to Vrsa as there is a little marina on the site. The Pitches are big but i would have a look around the site as there is some really nice ones. I would recomend the site and the village is a bonus
There is a site in between this one and vrsar so if you are not happy with it you could just move over to this one just across the bay. We were in Croatia May to July and the only sites that had entertainment on were stella maris just outside Umag bit like oasis with everything but you have to go through a subway are over the road to get to the main part and one next to karigador just down from Umag cannot think of the name but has a big pirate ship near the entrance. We stopped at a couple around Pula and would not recomend them

Anything else will be happy to help

Check my signature you can see some of the sites we stopped at

Attachments

• Vrsar (7).jpg
    Vrsar (7).jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
thanks again wanttobeaway, i think that site will be fine i will just put it to the others who are joining us and see what they think. i see from your pics you had your dish up? did you pick up astra2?

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Please, what sort of prices are these sites in high season?

heres the price list for the one im looking at Link Removed

last year when we stayed at camping stoja i think it was about 170 euro for 5 days i will look for the reicpt and double check for you

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
Yes you can pick up most channels on astra 2 with a 66cm dish(not bbc and itv) just remember to change the frequency if you use a sky box also if i remember correctly they have a analogue channel which is in english

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Yes you can pick up most channels on astra 2 with a 66cm dish(not bbc and itv) just remember to change the frequency if you use a sky box also if i remember correctly they have a analogue channel which is in english

we have a camos on so hopefuly will be ok,remember to change the frequency if you use a sky box?? do you mean change to the southern beam?

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
we have a camos on so hopefuly will be ok,remember to change the frequency if you use a sky box?? do you mean change to the southern beam?

Thats it:thumb: but check with your northern one first incase it is further down when you need to change not to sure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back