david32

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
N Ireland
Funster No
MH
C/B
Exp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new Sprinter 315 2148 2009 with a auto box 5 gears 1 2 3 4 D this is my first auto box i have driven and i hated it it does not know what gear to be in when on small country roads. Also when going through the gears the revs between each gear is so high that it is right round the rev counter and almost into the red come 2010 it will have to go so it got me thinking is this the same auto box that you gays have in the states if you where on straight roads it may be OK but not for me here in Ireland. o yes as for fuel that
works out about 18 glas around town and 21 to 24 on long runs at a speed of 55 M P H i had a Fiat manual before the Sprinter and it was giving me about 25 around town and 28 to 30 on long runs sorry i moved over as the Sprinter has not worked out for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted User
Hi David
Sounds like a problem with the gearbox management. I have a 208 316 sprinter (rapido) with the 3 litre engine E400 gearbox probably the same as yours. It will adapt to your style of driving, light accelerator changes up sooner but if you accelerate hard it will rev much higher and takes time to readapt. I would not swop mine for a manual. Drove over the pyranees this year and it always knew what gear to be in.
happy 2010

Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

david32

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
N Ireland
Funster No
MH
C/B
Exp
Hi David
Sounds like a problem with the gearbox management. I have a 208 316 sprinter (rapido) with the 3 litre engine E400 gearbox probably the same as yours. It will adapt to your style of driving, light accelerator changes up sooner but if you accelerate hard it will rev much higher and takes time to readapt. I would not swop mine for a manual. Drove over the pyranees this year and it always knew what gear to be in.
happy 2010

Spongy
Yes what you say is right but when your sitting at a roundabout or a road junction if you drive away like a hearst not to bad but see your space and go for it
then its right round the rev counter and just about to go into the red. So i now drive it from lift off like a hearst and to pot with the traffic behind me . Got it now about 6 weeks
and i do not like it at all as for the fuel as i said it bad.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

I have a new Sprinter 315 2148 2009 with a auto box 5 gears 1 2 3 4 D this is my first auto box i have driven and i hated it it does not know what gear to be in when on small country roads. Also when going through the gears the revs between each gear is so high that it is right round the rev counter and almost into the red come 2010 it will have to go so it got me thinking is this the same auto box that you gays have in the states if you where on straight roads it may be OK but not for me here in Ireland. o yes as for fuel that
works out about 18 glas around town and 21 to 24 on long runs at a speed of 55 M P H i had a Fiat manual before the Sprinter and it was giving me about 25 around town and 28 to 30 on long runs sorry i moved over as the Sprinter has not worked out for me.

Glad to see such courage in some members outing their selves. Is this a New Year's resolution? ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
D

david32

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
N Ireland
Funster No
MH
C/B
Exp

I have a new Sprinter 315 2148 2009 with a auto box 5 gears 1 2 3 4 D this is my first auto box i have driven and i hated it it does not know what gear to be in when on small country roads. Also when going through the gears the revs between each gear is so high that it is right round the rev counter and almost into the red come 2010 it will have to go so it got me thinking is this the same auto box that you guys have in the states if you where on straight roads it may be OK but not for me here in Ireland. o yes as for fuel that

----Sorry about the word gays i hope i have not upset anyone it was a oversight i hope it
is fixed now if not come back and tell me what to do again sorry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

----Sorry about the word gays i hope i have not upset anyone it was a oversight i hope it
is fixed now if not come back and tell me what to do again sorry

No need to appologies Big Boy,,,, Just send me your phone number.. :winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Sorry" I`ll get my coat..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back