Anyone else been waiting for their new netbook. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I hope the wait is worth it. I have delayed the purchase of a netbook for nearly a year now on the promise of the next generation atom Pineview chip set. I think that it is now on the cards to arrive on January 10th. The new N450 processor is supposed to be revolutionally but only time will tell. If I had known how long it would have been I would have settled for the old N270 chip.:Doh:

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I don't think the N450 is going to be that hot to be honest - Now if Nvidia could get their Ion chip into a netbook :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don't think the N450 is going to be that hot to be honest - Now if Nvidia could get their Ion chip into a netbook :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Couldn't agree more Autoquest, that would be the perfect netbook, However, it would also destroy the notebook market, who would need a notebook if your netbook was that good. So being a realist I will settle for the N450, although no real detail published yet. I think with a 6 cell battery it should last all day without a charge. Loaded with windows 7 and office it should cover all my needs. I will continue to use my laptop for the other bits:thumb:
The manufactures are in the market to sell us two or three different units, will they destroy this market with one dinky toy that will cover all and have a min price tag. I doubt that but it would be very nice.:Smile:
Link Removed
Thanks for the reply
Buttons

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Why do netbooks only come with 1gb of RAM?

Same reasons as stated above evans88 but the restriction should be lifted in March with the introduction of the new N470 chipset, when 2gb of Ram will be possible on a netbook.
Having said that. Windows 7 is less ram hungry than XP.
Buttons
Edit added this link.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/27/next-gen-atom-n470-to-relax-netbook-spec-restrictions-slightly-f/
Also Ken this is not the case with netbooks they have a max of 1gb unlike laptops.

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Why do netbooks only come with 1gb of RAM?

Same as lappies and dektops they almost always put less RAM in than is possible. My N120 came with 1gb but is upgradeable to 2gb. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Are there any netbooks that have a dvd drive?

Jenny

No. The point of them is that they are smaller (more portable) devices than "ordinary" laptops and that is achieved by cutting out bulky devices like DVD drives. It is, though, possible to purchase external drives which attach to a USB port.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back