Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Jim
I have just come on motorhome fun again this evening, and now two trojons have just come through............................thats four in about three days...what ever is happening!!!???
Mel

Is somebody trying to sabotage the forum!!! ...........Mel

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Since we have been in Spain we have had about 10 alerts of hi priority from "Norton" and they have shut the browser and computer down half a dozen times.. with warnings about bugs and unauthorised use or words to that effect..

Thought it was just summat that happens here,, dont think we had any warnings and shut downs like that back home..

As you say they all seem to come when I log on to Funsters,,

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
jim i also have had the Norton say a reader need ad dons ? :Eeek:
when i came on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I just logged on two minutes ago and it came up with "UNSAFE WEBSITE" and me macafee kicked in and shut me down!! First time I've had that ...STRANGE!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
likewise.....

just got two avast alerts regarding malware/virus in an HTML file on fun.
originates at a website URL 'centiyo'.

just running a full scan now to see if i can find it.

avast couldnt move it to the virus vault or delete it as it said the file was in use even though id gone offline.

shut down lappy and deleted history and temp files but still wouldnt let me on fun.

next step was delete cookies but its allowed me on fun again so maybe the virus scan has collared it.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thanks jim fun is now back to normal norton now says its ok .:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Brian they haven't reported any, nor has any of the others I go on.

Olley

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wonder if The Dark Side has been having similar problems ?

There are hundreds/thousands of sites having similar problems. I know what to look for now and can find it and clear it in a few seconds. Its stopping it happening, that's the hard bit :Blush:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
just like to thank Jim for beeing a lot cleverer than me in being able to sort out these problems we are getting at the moment,half the time i think its my pc so when loggin on after work tonight and getting all sorts of weird reaction(no avatars ,no smilly icons) i jumped up and down threw my toys out of my pram and then got a good telling off from my mum and and sister over here on holiday with us :Thanks once again Jim:thumb:
trevor

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There are hundreds/thousands of sites having similar problems. I know what to look for now and can find it and clear it in a few seconds. Its stopping it happening, that's the hard bit :Blush:

agreed Jim.
i did a search on centiyo and there are literally thousands of forums with questions regarding it.

but does anyone know what the virus/trojan consists of and what effect does it have on your pc if it gets past your anti-virus progs.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Vandalism / graffiti innit :-(

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like we have found out what the bastards have been doing, they found a security hole in the VBulletin custom profile picture feature, and somehow managed to run a php script via it. I think I've plugged the hole, only time will tell. Keep em peeled and PM me if you get any more warnings:thumb: Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looks like we have found out what the bastards have been doing, they found a security hole in the VBulletin custom profile picture feature, and somehow managed to run a php script via it. I think I've plugged it the hole, only time will tell. Keep em peeled and PM me if you get any more warnings:thumb: Thanks

i did read it involved Vbulletin but it means nowt to me jim, but keep up the good work....cheers.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back