In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
WOW!

I can just smell that clutch burning!!!

Dont have clutch on an autobox....:Eeek:..... Oh right your talking about a clutch fitted to a pickup not man enough for the job :ROFLMAO:

Not a problem i suffer from :thumb::thumb: :ROFLMAO::winky:

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Dont have clutch on an autobox....:Eeek:..... Oh right your talking about a clutch fitted to a pickup not man enough for the job :ROFLMAO:

No I dont either as I also have an autobox, and I have never even mentioned my vehicle, I replied to the poster who owns a Hymer S700 one of which I used to have so I have personal experience I dont just assume.
:Doh::Doh::Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
You don't need a clutch! They are old hat. When l worked for the coal board many years ago, l used to drive a twin engined Terex motor scraper. It had front and rear V8 diesel engines, and would rip the ground up and transport 24 cubic metres of it. If that had a clutch it wouldn't even move it before it would disintegrate. All heavy plant is automatic transmission, have you ever wondered why?

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007

What is it you pull with your truck dazzer?

Al

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +

I think what you need to do Dazzer is read up a bit, The lower end isuzu would be more capable of towing a fifth wheel than "Your Baby" as you put it, yours is too High geared and it would do more damage to yours trying to pull a fifth wheel than you are aware of, and you would probably get more attention on your vehicle than you try to draw here at a show, It looks well, But it is not a work horse.
:Doh:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Here we are just a few days after Xmas and the season of goodwill to all men appears to be a distant memory.:Doh::Doh:

Does it really matter what one does or does not use to achieve one's own personal ambitions, likewise, why can we not all celebrate each other as individuals?
Life would be very boring if we were all the same.
So ask yourselves, Do we really need to indulge in "willy waving" all the time?

This post started out as a discussion of a new 5'er from a company in Scotland, it has ended up as a competition of "mine is bigger/better/faster than yours.........",
Frankly Who Cares!!!!!!

If we are all happy then let's get on with life, if not then do something about it and don't stifle/criticise/condemn others.
I am all for a bit of fun but for goodness sake shall we try and make 2010 the year where we try and get along.

So back to the Original Post then :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rob

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Here we are just a few days after Xmas and the season of goodwill to all men appears to be a distant memory.:Doh::Doh:

Does it really matter what one does or does not use to achieve one's own personal ambitions, likewise, why can we not all celebrate each other as individuals?
Life would be very boring if we were all the same.
So ask yourselves, Do we really need to indulge in "willy waving" all the time?

This post started out as a discussion of a new 5'er from a company in Scotland, it has ended up as a competition of "mine is bigger/better/faster than yours.........",
Frankly Who Cares!!!!!!

If we are all happy then let's get on with life, if not then do something about it and don't stifle/criticise/condemn others.
I am all for a bit of fun but for goodness sake shall we try and make 2010 the year where we try and get along.

So back to the Original Post then :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rob

Absolutely Right Rob, That is how we all try to live, as you say the post started on a discussion of a new unit, But then comments started coming in about a towing unit not being man enough, (Which happens on every post from the same individual) it doesn't matter wether any unit is man enough or not, It is the unit they have got, If it isn't man enough that is for them to decide.

Nowhere in the original post was a towing unit mentioned, Then the comments followed.

I could understand it if advice on a towing unit was being sought, But it wasn't.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Funny thing is----- one of the main plus features of this new 5er is it's really light weight, so a Morris Minor pickup would be able to pull it !!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::whatthe::whatthe:
Nigel & Pamala
BTW we think it is a really good looking 5er. (but it's not right for us)

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Absolutely Right Rob, That is how we all try to live, as you say the post started on a discussion of a new unit, But then comments started coming in about a towing unit not being man enough, (Which happens on every post from the same individual) it doesn't matter wether any unit is man enough or not, It is the unit they have got, If it isn't man enough that is for them to decide.

Nowhere in the original post was a towing unit mentioned, Then the comments followed.

I could understand it if advice on a towing unit was being sought, But it wasn't.

Exactly Les. Glad someone else has noticed this. :thumb:

Al

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back