free medication for uk pensioners in spain (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
it has just come to my attention that , if you are a EU state pensioner and are prescribed medication in a state clinic in spain it is free of charge
however you must be able to produce documentation that you are in receipt of such pension , not just that you are of the correct age , so worth taking it with you just in case

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
it has just come to my attention that , if you are a EU state pensioner and are prescribed medication in a state clinic in spain it is free of charge
however you must be able to produce documentation that you are in receipt of such pension , not just that you are of the correct age , so worth taking it with you just in case

What will the Spanish clinics accept as proof I wonder?

Will it include drugs prescribed in another country e.g. your normal drugs prescribed in the UK? That could save us carrying months supplies of our normal prescription tablets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BigJohn

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Kiveton Park, S Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile.
Exp
3 yrs long, long ago
It used to be the E111 form, which is now a European Health Credit card. Or it could be a British Passport.

I doubt if they'll co-operate with routine prescription drugs that can easily be taken on holiday. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
What will the Spanish clinics accept as proof I wonder?

Will it include drugs prescribed in another country e.g. your normal drugs prescribed in the UK? That could save us carrying months supplies of our normal prescription tablets.

Your E111 or proof of your U.K pension will do, But if you live here and under 65 you have to pay for it,:thumb: hope this helps

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , like a number of things this is being tightened up on here in spain , no more free treatment for early retired in valencia for example [ hence the current demonstrations ]

your EHIC doesn't prove that you are a uk state pensioner and will no longer be accepted

drugs prescribed in uk don't prove anything either

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Your E111 or proof of your U.K pension will do, But if you live here and under 65 you have to pay for it,:thumb: hope this helps

We live here my wife is 61 and gets free health care I am 58 do not work but I too get free health care because my wife is a pensioner.
This is in the Valencia region it may be different elsewhere.
Valencia has its own rules

aguilas389

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Aguilas. Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18months (3rd motorhome)
Health care in Spain

Once you have residency, the Spanish health system is second to none beating the UK hands down. The only blip is that spain being so autonomos many things vary from region to region, ie health care is free whatever your age in Murcia, in Valencia you must be a pensionista, yearly car tax (our Zafira) in Aguilas is 152 euros if I could register it in Madrid is would be 74 euros but there again would the health system be free..........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back