Warning Light (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I had an engine warning light flash a few times on my van Hymer B694, the handbook said not to worry as long as it did not stay on, I did worry and made an appointment to see the Wizards at S n J Poole , today. The van was connected to the diagnostic computer and showed a fault with the Turbo, the Wizard at S n J said straight away that it would be a sticking gate valve flap and a quick clean and lubrication and de rust around the area solved the problem.£35 is all it cost me too. I nearly never went today as Poole is 35 miles from where I live and the radio was saying the roads were horrendous, the M27 was closed from junction 4 to 1 and local roads were icy, any way I waited till 11 am and conditions got better , so a steady drive to Poole was Ok and the job done. I would recommend anyone who needs work on their vans and are local to Poole go to S n J .:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
V
May 22, 2008
Funster No
Whilst at S n J Poole today I spoke to Steve about the FIAT JUDDER, and the cure, I was told that they had done 41 modifications and it involved new engine mounts drop the gear box [ simple says he ??? ] and fit a modified reverse gear ratio, new clutch and other parts, the cost to Fiat he recons is £1000 per vehicle. when I said it took Fiat long enough to admit to a fault , he said it didn't, what took the time was finding a suitable cure ,which he says they now have as Fiat didn't want to rush a cure that didn't work and so require more work later.I said I would be nervous about buying a used Fiat in the future and he stated and showed me a printed statement that HE issues with each job done to prove the Mod has been done, apparently FIAT don't issue anything. After doing 41 mods he said they can now do a van in 7 to 8 hours and they don't use a ramp but jack the front of the van with a high lift jack.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back