Blown air in garage (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Our garage was like a freezer and the bed is above it, so on sunday I fitted an additional blown air outlet in there to keep the chill off. Was easy and cheap to install and worked a treat bringing the temp up from .2oC to 3.9oC in 30mins I got bored watching the thermometer by then so gave up but I would imagine that even if thats as good as it gets then its better than .2oC and will be a better environment for the scooter and all the other stuff in there. Hope to try it out this weekend in Cumbria will report back. Anyway has anyone's van allready got this fitted or has anyone else done it and if so was it worth it or did I waste ÂŁ16 and a very very cold and snowy morning doing the job ::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,it will make a huge difference.
The heating pipes run through all my lockers,stopping the tanks from becoming frozen.
Imagine all the cold air coming into the van from your garage.
Dont know why the manufacturers dont fit it as standard,it cant be that costley.:thumb:

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
My garage already had an outlet fitted, and it gets warmer in there than in the van!

I had the heating on this morning while I did a few jobs and had to take my coat off `cos it was too hot in there. I adjusted the little flap thing as I think because the boiler is next to the garage and that outlet is first in line it was robbing heat from the rest of the van.

I have also fitted a pull out washing line in there and use it for putting the towels out to dry (and warm).:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chewy

Free Member
Apr 11, 2009
Funster No
snap

Same as hailman .. it's only a single skin floor in there so a little heating is good idea considering the bed is above it with weather as is it's worth it to keep everything dry & warmed as we all know humidity and cold do a lot of damage let alone the comfort aspect

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Dont know why the manufacturers dont fit it as standard,it cant be that costley.:thumb:

ÂŁ16
And about 1hr. to be exact.
Ian

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I adjusted the little flap thing as I think because the boiler is next to the garage and that outlet is first in line it was robbing heat from the rest of the van.:Smile:

The garage outlet is second form the last outlet so not very much heat coming out of it but hopefully enough to keep the chill off. The toilet one is first and that gets flipping hot even with the flap shut.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
it's worth it to keep everything dry & warmed as we all know humidity and cold do a lot of damage let alone the comfort aspect

Exactly, looking into retro fitting the airelectric kit so I can run all night on hook up but cant decide if its worth the ÂŁ300 ish considering diesel costs about 25p per hour to use and it will be just as noisy as diesel.

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Knaus Sunliner has it fitted as standard and also the bed above has its own heating circuit as well (round the perimeter) Toasty warm it is.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Ours has heater outlet in garage, it also has a slight gap between back wall and bed, bed is on slats so warm air rises from garage under bed and makes it nice and toasty in cold weather. It also warms the waste tank slightly which stops it freezing. But then it is equipped for cold weather, as all pipes are heated, to a degree. As Liaka only use one size heater being the baby of the range I think we could warm the site.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
That's standard on my Hymer and keeps the garage warm and snug and as the bed is above the garage it warms that as well.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Standard on our Bessacarr and there is also a small duct outlet directly under the mattress which helps stop any condensation forming, under the mattress.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Mine has the truma boiler in the garage so if anything it needs cooling when the heater is on :RollEyes: it does make the bed over the garage really warm though:thumb:
On our van it has a heater in the dinette area which runs off the engine, I have often thought of making something to duct the air from this into one of the outlets from the truma heater to warm the van while we are driving.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Sounds like it wasnt a waste of time then. Thanks for all the replys.
ips

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back