Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Any residents of Conway or surrounding area about?

ffiona & I intend to take our 5th wheel to a CL, just off the B5106 near Rowen, about 6 miles south of Conwy.
We're booked on for the whole Christmas holiday and I intend to set off from our base near Northwich at about 8am this coming Thursday morning. ffiona will play "catch up" in her car after work.

Any local knowledge of current road conditions on the B5106 would be much appreciated.

Cheers, and ............

Merry Christmas!::bigsmile:

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Hi, dont know about Rowen, Rhos on Sea has standing snow from yesterday and LLanberis had heavy snow, I'll be going up to Llanberis tomorow morning and I'll let you know how the roads are. A good site for all things in this area is http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/

Regards, John

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi, dont know about Rowen, Rhos on Sea has standing snow from yesterday and LLanberis had heavy snow, I'll be going up to Llanberis tomorow morning and I'll let you know how the roads are. A good site for all things in this area is http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/

Regards, John

Thanks John, very much appreciated.
All the best mate:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Quick update, I couldn't get to my site in Llanberis, I've phoned my dad in Rhos on sea and he says the main roads are clear but the side roads still have some snow and black ice on them. I don't know about Rowen, I would your best bet would be to phone the AA.
I hope you get to your site and have a good Christmas .

Regards, john

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Quick update, I couldn't get to my site in Llanberis, I've phoned my dad in Rhos on sea and he says the main roads are clear but the side roads still have some snow and black ice on them. I don't know about Rowen, I would your best bet would be to phone the AA.
I hope you get to your site and have a good Christmas .

Regards, john

Thanks John, much appreciated.
I spoke to a very nice lass from Conway Council yesterday who said much the same. Recons that although the raod i intend to use has had a fair old battering, it is passable with care and the gritters are out there.
Just gotta "suck it and see" and use extreme care.:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Can you phone the CL and ask them what the conditions are like before you start off?

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Can you phone the CL and ask them what the conditions are like before you start off?

Phil

DEFINATELY on the "to do" list!::bigsmile:, especially after the snow here this afternoon!:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back