Free Member
Dec 15, 2007
SUFFOLK
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE
Exp
10 years
Anybody know of an alarm installer in the Essex / Suffolk area. Mine keeps playing up and

i am thinking of having a new one fitted:RollEyes:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mick, I cant help with anyone local, but we had IMO the best fitted on our van, and that is the Strickback fitted at Van bitz . Very expensive but very good.:winky: But Eddie have quite a life stile to support, I think he is in the Maldives or somewhere for Christmas, but as a member on here you might get it a bit cheaper. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He has fitting agents in some parts of the country. :Smile: Bob.

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Mick. I fitted a domestic wireless alarm to ours this year All windows and doors are fitted with wirerless electronic shock detectors. Caches the beggers whilst they are still out side the van and before they can do damage.

Pudseykeith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mickt

Free Member
Dec 15, 2007
SUFFOLK
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE
Exp
10 years
Alarm

Thanks to you both, i may have to go down the expensive route as i need a Thatcham cat 1

for my insurance. Merry christmas all and happy camping next year:winky:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Hi Mick, I cant help with anyone local, but we had IMO the best fitted on our van, and that is the Strickback fitted at Van bitz . Very expensive but very good.:winky: But Eddie have quite a life stile to support, I think he is in the Maldives or somewhere for Christmas, but as a member on here you might get it a bit cheaper. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He has fitting agents in some parts of the country. :Smile: Bob.

Bob & Jane,

I had a Strikeback system installed on 7th Sept at their Taunton base......no mention of a discount for MHF members :Sad: but if I should have been given one I can PM Eddie with my address to where a cheque can be sent? :thumb: .........I won't hold my breath though :ROFLMAO:

Mick

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bob & Jane,

I had a Strikeback system installed on 7th Sept at their Taunton base......no mention of a discount for MHF members :Sad: but if I should have been given one I can PM Eddie with my address to where a cheque can be sent? :thumb: .........I won't hold my breath though :ROFLMAO:

Mick

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: blood and stones come to mind :roflmto:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Smile: Hi, I know I never got one ,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but he might be feeling festive. ::bigsmile: You do get a FREE night at http://www.cornishfarm.com/ And the pleasure of meeting Mark and Sue, who do a grand job and keep it immaculate....:Smile: Bob.

I know when we had ours done, if you got it through outdoor bits, they would fit you a battery master for free. :Smile: But we had one so went direct......huge smile.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
:Smile: Hi, I know I never got one ,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but he might be feeling festive. ::bigsmile: You do get a FREE night at http://www.cornishfarm.com/ And the pleasure of meeting Mark and Sue, who do a grand job and keep it immaculate....:Smile: Bob.

I'm sure they do, but you won't be so welcome if you drive "a big monster RV" :RollEyes:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jim, as long as you stay off the grass,:Smile: Mark and Sue have one and if he make's a mess, he has to put it right...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have seen a couple in there,I bet if you want something fitted not a problem.::bigsmile: Bob.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have seen a couple in there,I bet if you want something fitted not a problem.::bigsmile: Bob.

hi bob

i recall Eddie's comments on Fun about RVs on his site the last time this was discussed .. suffice to say I won't be visiting if I'm only welcome when spending $$$$$$

jim

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007

Bob & Jane, Here, here on the grand job Mark & Sue do at the site.

I travelled from Cheltenham on the day having had our step down transformer installed at Motorhome Medics :thumb:.........it was dark as I reached Taunton and I missed the turn off the B3170 into Killams Lane :Doh: and had a wonderful time driving a 39ft RV with A framed Jeep down the B3170 towards and past Corfe to the A303 :Eeek: I then turned left and the sat nav re-routed back to the B3170 and eventually Killams Lane.

Since that journey I have vowed NEVER to start a journey in the RV & toad if it involves any night driving.:Smile:

Mick

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi mick, must admit its a bit out of the way, we went off in our toad, :winky: and went miles through country lanes looking for some proper Somerset Scrumpy Cider.:Smile: Bob.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
On the subject of "funster" discounts I'd just like to point out that it helps if you tell the supplier that you're a Funster in the first place, don't just assume that as you're a member on here we all know who you are and which forum or club you belong to and whether or not you're entitled to a discount. We've had one or two customers who didn't tell us they were a member of an organisation which we give aa discount to until the bill has been printed out...............its a bit late then:winky:.
D.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
hi bob

i recall Eddie's comments on Fun about RVs on his site the last time this was discussed .. suffice to say I won't be visiting if I'm only welcome when spending $$$$$$

jim

Didn't stop you asking me for the wardens job though did it?

We have one massive pitch for RV's so we are sensible enough to say that larger RV's are not suitable.

I have an RV and get really pi55ed off when I phone to ask suitability and then there to find out that the site isn't really suitable

If I just said come on down it's great, you would be accusing me of being a money grabbing bastard :RollEyes: I really can't win!

The way that we run the site regarding our customers with larger vans, is very simple they are booked onto a suitable pitch and sent directions so they don't have to go through lanes.

Mo and Dicks excellent book suggests that the site is suitable for RV's up to and around 30 foot.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks to you both, i may have to go down the expensive route as i need a Thatcham cat 1

for my insurance. Merry christmas all and happy camping next year:winky:

Hi Mick, I think you will find that Insurance companies, only give a discount if you have a tracker fitted.:Smile: I know that's the case with Saga.:RollEyes::Smile:

Must add, of all the alarms I have had, the Strickback is the only one that has not gone off by accident ,:Blush: if set on the right mode, :winky: well I did forget the Dog was in there, and she is a deaf as a post but it woke her up......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Merry Christmas and happy camping next year.:thumb: Bob.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have no connection with Vanbitz other than my previous van was fitted with 1 of their alarms and I have had advice from them at shows, but I can say any van I have in the future will be fitted with 1 of their alarms as I have found them far superior in quality of components , workmanship and attitude.MY recommendation would be a Vanbitz system everytime.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back