Spare wheel carrier For ixeo 585 (1 Viewer)

autosleepers

Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I am not very happy with the emergency tyre repair kits supplied with Motorhomes these days. In some cases they probably would not be up to the task of repairing a damaged tyre.
Most of my touring is done abroad and the idea of being stuck half way up a mountain or in some remote area with no means of repair is not very appealing.

I would therefore like to fix a spare wheel carrier.

I have asked Beurstner but they were unable to recommend anything and suggested that I talk to my local Beurstner dealer, which I will do sometime in the near future however I was wondering if anyone else has already done it. The motorhome is an ixeo 585 (2011 Fiat Ducato).

Thanks

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Hi we have just brought a 590 ixeo and have the same problem. The dealer came back to us and said it was not possible to fit a carrier as the water tanks are in the way
so he sugested on the bike rack which is ok when we go to moroc but no good in france as we have the bikes
So now what ?????

Nov 8, 2013
On the road, Australia
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 664T
Exp
Since 2003
I have a Ixeo 664 and there was sufficient room behind the waste tank to fit a Wheel. I bought the fiat wheel carrier off ebay and made up the brackets my self to carry it inbetween the rear Burstner chassis. Techno is to thanked for his info on this refer http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/alko-diy-wheel-carrier.63164/
The 590 no doubt is shorter. Do you have the space for the wheel between the tank and the rear chassis cross member?

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
Hi We have a Burstner Elegance 810G with 225/75 R 16 CP tyre I am looking for a spare wheel for my motorhome as as it is a reqiurement I believe in europe where I'm going, I think this subject has been discussed be4 on here but can't find it.

Advise welcome Joe

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I wanted to carry a (big & heavy) wheel and tyre on the TREK but was not prepared to have it on show. I managed to find a space where it would fit underneath and used a pair of the things builders hold ladders on roof bars with. It is not easy to get the spare up there and I have an extension pipe to check the pressure - it would be easy to get out and I figure that the 'flat' could go anywhere until repaired when I would have the fiddly job again.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Recently fitted the fiat kit, bought from e bay, will check supplier, on to Renault chassis with Alco extentions. Main carrier was scrap open metal flooring which fitted above chassis , below sub floor, Winder mechanism mounted on base of extentions for access from vehicle side. Took 2 days steady work, van raised on ramps, works well.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi We have a Burstner Elegance 810G with 225/75 R 16 CP tyre I am looking for a spare wheel for my motorhome as as it is a reqiurement I believe in europe where I'm going, I think this subject has been discussed be4 on here but can't find it.

Hi Joe, I have a new wheel and unused tyre for your van. I said unused as opposed to new as of course it is four or five years old now but unused. pm me if you'd like it. I can send you pictures.

Cheers......... Griff

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi Joe, I have a new wheel and unused tyre for your van. I said unused as opposed to new as of course it is four or five years old now but unused. pm me if you'd like it. I can send you pictures.

Cheers......... Griff
I would be interested if Joe decides not to pursue(y)

Youlostoo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Pershore
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Since 2014
I have a Fiat Ducato 2013 spare wheel carrier fitted last year. If you are interested, £60 collect Pershore Worcestershire or will be at show wed. Genuine Fiat part for Fiat chassis only.

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
Hi griff can you send me some pic's and how much you want.

Regards joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back