Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A couple of nights ago at around 2am (after a late night session in the chat room; great fun; you should try it if you haven't already) the Hymer started rocking gently. It felt as if someone was trying to get my attention. I looked out but saw nothing other than the moonlit Algarve sky. I thought I must have imagined it but, no, there it was again...

Now I start thinking someone is climbing up onto the roof (but I never thought anyone was about to put gas through the skylight!) so I sit very still and listen intently. Nothing.

The panic passes and I go to bed and have sweet dreams.

I learn the explanation the next afternoon as I take a coffee in the Anazu Cafe in Tavira.

"Did you feel the earth quake last night? It rocked my house and things nearly fell off the shelf in the kitchen..."

JJ

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
the reason you didnt think gas is because you thought - eeeeek!!!! hymie has gone and got itself into that wobberly blue stuff and that you were gently rocking with the tidal sway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi john-A,

With my weak back and knees it's only ever going to be earthquakes and gassers on the roof (or Metallica and Judas Priest on the stereo) rocking the Dream Machine these days.

Let's hope you get your motorhome in good time for years and years and years of traditional "rocking" John!!!

JJ:Blush:

Last edited:

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hahaha never wake up to a rocking mh. Woke up to the bed rocking about 6/7 years ago and SWMBO complaining "what was that", "it's an earth quake dear go back to sleep" what a racket!!! What a reaction, I'm not normally that laid back ....but at least the house was still standing. :ROFLMAO:

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
You mean you haven't got anti-earthquake suspension in your van? It was one of the first extras I asked for on my MH! lolx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back