Thermal External Silver Screen (1 Viewer)

Snowythejock

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 month!
Hi All

Firstly Merry Xmas!

We are new to motorhoming and are trying to find an external thermal silver screen for a Rapido A class on a Merc chassis (992M). Any pointers as to where to go would be appreciated. Brownhills have one they say that fits but seems expensive to me - I am a Scot after all!

Thanks

Snowy

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Try Van Comfort, they cater for the unusual type of windscreens including 'A' class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterandLinda

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi

We couldn't get any external screens made for our Hymer A class by either Silverscreens or Taylormade and the Hymer UK offering required channels fitting on each side of the van.

We solved the problem by using roof insulation (sold as high tech sarking) a kind of multilayer space blanket construction. We made three paper templates and then cut out the shapes, edged them with duct tape and fitted elastic to the ends and velcro to fasten the pieces together.

The final result is not as pretty as a commercial job but the insulation is a lot better.

P&L

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We bought a Silver Screen which someone has put their web address on here, prices vary for external screens but you get what you pay for. Happy motoring.

Dale

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
We bought a Silver Screen which someone has put their web address on here, prices vary for external screens but you get what you pay for. Happy motoring.Dale

I second that. I got a good discount by calling into Silverscreens to collect it and paid cash.:winky:

Hey! You don't work for the tax dept?:Doh:

I'm sure it was all above board. It would be worth while phoning them. Depends where in North Yorkshire you live.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi All

Firstly Merry Xmas!

We are new to motorhoming and are trying to find an external thermal silver screen for a Rapido A class on a Merc chassis (992M). Any pointers as to where to go would be appreciated. Brownhills have one they say that fits but seems expensive to me - I am a Scot after all!

Thanks

Snowy

Hi Snowy,

Try giving Martin at Caravannes Rapido Wokingham a ring on 01189-791023, very knowledgable and helpfull on all things Rapido

Peter

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Windscreen Covers

We bought a Taylormade windscreen cover for our Hymer A Class S510 from Shepton Mallet Motorhome Show in October. It cost £150 and fits like a glove, perfectly. Easy to put on and stored in its own bag when we are on the road, no problem. Highly recommended.:thumb::thumb:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I bought mine from silverscreens no problem phoned them supplied them details of year and model number ie rapido 997m and received in approx 7 days I think i paid about £175 excellent fit

OP
OP
S

Snowythejock

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 month!
I second that. I got a good discount by calling into Silverscreens to collect it and paid cash.:winky:

I'm sure it was all above board. It would be worth while phoning them. Depends where in North Yorkshire you live.
No I do not work for the tax mobsters, just contribute to the bankers like the rest of us!:Angry:

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hope this is not too late - before thread dies its natural death.

Q is aimed at those A Class owners above who are satisfied with their external screens.

How do you rig them? Were the solutions provided by the screen supplier or were they 'home-grown' ? I am aware of the Isomatten solution of glueing a channel top and bottom to the bodywork. Any other solutions

Need some clues before getting down to suppliers/price etc.

Thanks in advance

Geoff

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
windscreen covers

nicholsong on mine I put one side in the drivers side sliding window shut window secure with suckers then lift windscreen wipers bring screen around to oppositte side fits over door, shut door and silver screen in position put wipers back down to help hold in position very easy to fit,if wife is available easier if she shuts sliding window while i'm outside probably takes 5 minutes to fit and same to take off,hope this is the type of information you want may be different for your van mines a mercedes rapido A class

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years

We read all the threads on this site and decided to go with silverscreens. Discounts were applied as we collected today, so the above still applies.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back