calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
Very tempted by both of these, but I'll probably have to settle for one.
Would love to hear thoughts, experiences, pros and cons etc of owners/users.
K

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Got a 522. Have had it for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. Upsides (loads) neat and compact; handles and drives really well; small enough to go most places; Internally bathroom compact but perfectly serviceable and good shower; bed, seats etc comfortable; excellent garage storage space for loads of toys (walking gear, surfboards, bike bits etc) Good internal storage; heating / hot water system works well - I could go on!

Downsides to 522 - we are only fairly little but could envisage a problem for two larger people if the one on the far side of the bed needs to get up during the night. (I guess that could be one of the advantages of the 512)
If fitting a tele in the bread box design cupboard at the top of the wardrobe it is a bit fiddly and the bracket needs adjusting.
The front seats can be a bit fiddly to turn round but ok once got the knack.
Can't really think of any other downsides but if you have specific questions please do contact me and I'll try my best to provide info.
Good luck and based on my experience whichever design you choose I'm sure you'll love it
Cheers

OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
Thanks Henry,
We were looking to move up a bit from our AS Symphony to a 3 or 4 berth.
Dealer websites describe the 522 variously as a 2 berth a 3 berth and a 2-3 berth.
Maybe there are variations. What's yours.
Yes the bed access could be a problem. Thanks for pointing that out.
Can you tell me the bed dimensions please.
K

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
Ems

Very tempted by both of these, but I'll probably have to settle for one.
Would love to hear thoughts, experiences, pros and cons etc of owners/users.
K
We have a 572 slightly longer but it has two single beds over the garage, so no problem for one of us to lay in bed in the morning while the other makes the tea.:Sad: usually me.
Fuel consumption over 2000 miles last year mainly motorway in France returned nearly 29mph, so gentle use easily gives 30mph or more.
The 572 has a wardrobe instead of an extra bench opposite the table(thus bed is for a child or short person), above this is the TV cupboard and the microwave oven we have installed.
We are very pleased with the van and have installed a bike rack in the garage for our two bikes, so safe and dry.
EMS

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back