tapsman

Free Member
Feb 3, 2009
reading
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
i have got a auto sleeper symbol and cannot get any water out of my taps. ive checked the obvious ie water tank topped up and pump working, any ideas please

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi
If you have water in the tank and if your pump is working ok then you must have an air lock in the pipes. Try pushing water in from the tap end to break up the air lock. Dont put a lot of pressure on it.

Jim
:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
i have got a auto sleeper symbol and cannot get any water out of my taps. ive checked the obvious ie water tank topped up and pump working, any ideas please

Can you hear the pump running, if not then start looking for an electrical problem, fuse first.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, that happens on my 1994 Autosleeper Trophy when the water system has been emptied. I fill up the tank, switch on the pump and suck the kitchen tap till the water comes through., then its OK.
Only an air lock, but I find my stays ok if I keep water topped up.

Let us know, Sue

dragstar

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
HIGH TOP
Exp
If you have water and the pump is running that means that water is running through the pump as stated it sounds like you have an airlock if possible disconnect supply other side of pump ie the outlet if you have water there it is an airlock just reverse the flow from the tap via a hose pipe from the mains, if you have no water from the pump I would suggest that you might have a problem with the pump even though it is working

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I would do what Theonlysue says switch on the tap and suck to aid the flow, if that doesnt work the pump might be faulty:thumb::thumb::thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Check that the pipes are still attached to the pump

:thumb:
I was about to say that , the pump in my Hymer has come adrift from the hose in the past and whilst you can hear the pump running it can't lift any water,only pump it around in the tank, so check that the outlet hose is still attached.:Doh::Doh:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
You should also check that the impeller is still attached to the motor shaft.
It does not take much to stop an impeller pump pumping (even if it is running) - look in at the impeller to check if any muck has got in.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Just had another thought, this has only happened once and threw me at the time, pump the toilet free of air also.

When we had the Hymer the pump worked but only a small trickle at taps, the pump was us.

Also try removing the pump and testing in bowl of water.

OP
OP
T

tapsman

Free Member
Feb 3, 2009
reading
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
thanks to you all. will try sucking kitchen tap as suggested by sue , as it happened after i drained down, so hopefully its only a air lock . thanks mark

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
My pump takes several minutes to prime after a drain down. Open the hot taps first if you have a boiler as the cold water will fill this first before going to the taps as its lower down.

Phill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just a thought.....the whale caravan submersible pumps sometimes need a 'shake' to free any trapped air bubbles in the pump before they will prime properly.
im assuming yours is an 'intank' impeller pump and not a diaphram type.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back