Benidorm - August (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Anyone been in van in August? Are campsites busy? Checked online and they don't seem that much more expensive than winter (for short says).

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
The campsites become super busy in August when the prices drop with a big influx of people looking for bargains
Roll on September when we get there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We were in Spain during late August/September. A bit further south at Torre Del Mar.

And as The Nomad says - it was HOT. Well over 30c even at night.

As we travelled down through central Spain we had 38c at midnight.

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Beni in August :eek:

Will be full of stag and hen parties, and streets will be running with all sorts of stuff:censored:

Bad enough with the crumblies on their mobility scooters and @ukbill off season :LOL:

Good fun tho;)

The hen and stags arrive Thursday and Leave Tuesday at the latest and if you stay up around the top of the Rincon won't affect you too much

It all depends on whether you like a quiet drink or one where you can't hear your self think :LOL:

And less of the crumblies some of us NEED to use scooters ---:mad: the problem in Benidorm was money grabbing Spaniards hiring out to any twit who asked -- not as the law said only if over 50 with a blue badge
NOW thanks to that ALL scooters are to go on the road only - - only a matter of time before accidents are caused now due to impatience by car drivers.

It was bad enough when idiots would hire a twin scooter take it into a supermarket and then need the Fire Brigade to remove it when it got stuck
I know of two at least removed by the Bomberos physically having to lift a scooter into the air and carry it and the idiots on it out of the store

just hope that they see sense before I get my scooter to Benidorm though I do tend to ride the road there anyway

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The hen and stags arrive Thursday and Leave Tuesday at the latest and if you stay up around the top of the Rincon won't affect you too much

It all depends on whether you like a quiet drink or one where you can't hear your self think :LOL:

And less of the crumblies some of us NEED to use scooters ---:mad: the problem in Benidorm was money grabbing Spaniards hiring out to any twit who asked -- not as the law said only if over 50 with a blue badge
NOW thanks to that ALL scooters are to go on the road only - - only a matter of time before accidents are caused now due to impatience by car drivers.

It was bad enough when idiots would hire a twin scooter take it into a supermarket and then need the Fire Brigade to remove it when it got stuck
I know of two at least removed by the Bomberos physically having to lift a scooter into the air and carry it and the idiots on it out of the store

just hope that they see sense before I get my scooter to Benidorm though I do tend to ride the road there anyway

Dont worry about your scooter. I returned to the UK on Thursday and went everywhere on our scooters. Wouldnt dream of going on a Spanish road on one, you would be dead in a week. You take your life in your hands on a zebra crossing in Spain, so am staying on the footpath. The Round Town News is the Spanish equivalent of the Daily Mail, so dont believe a word of what you read in it. I even went on the footpath to the police station in old town to renew my NIE number and there was a crowd of plod standing outside who graciously stood in the road to let me pass.

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Dont worry about your scooter. I returned to the UK on Thursday and went everywhere on our scooters. Wouldnt dream of going on a Spanish road on one, you would be dead in a week. You take your life in your hands on a zebra crossing in Spain, so am staying on the footpath. The Round Town News is the Spanish equivalent of the Daily Mail, so dont believe a word of what you read in it. I even went on the footpath to the police station in old town to renew my NIE number and there was a crowd of plod standing outside who graciously stood in the road to let me pass.

HA the municipal Plods
they can't even catch the Looky Looky men even after I've run three and their box over
they could catch a cold
Or even the naked man running through old town year before last

As for Round Town they are only the publicity arm of the tours selling shop at the bottom of Rincon

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Would rather ride my cycle on the road in Spain than most places,,BUSBY,,

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
best thing for august in benidorm is to stay in during the day with aircon full blast and venture out about 10pm,have fun lol

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Rather than spend all that money going to Benidorm in August, couldn't you just stay at home and stick hot, rusty pins into your eyeballs?

JJ :cool:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Rather than spend all that money going to Benidorm in August, couldn't you just stay at home and stick hot, rusty pins into your eyeballs?

JJ :cool:

Is it me or is JJ becoming a miserable old fart ??? ;)

I love Benidorm in August and so do my grandkids... We have got into the Spanish way, siesta in the afternoon and then out at night.. It's real change to see kids out on the beech playing at midnight and jumping about on trampolines at 1am while your still sat in your shorts.. :)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
He has always been a miserable old fart lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun