Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi all,anyone out there with tech knowledge or suggestions on what the problem is with my Dometec B2200 air conditioning unit.
Went out this morning to charge up batteries ready for our xmas trip, plugged in hookup lead and the blower started,no indicator lights showing, on off button not working, remote controller has no effect. The fan stopped and started a couple of times and then just hummed as though seized so unplugged unit and thought I would ask on here before taking it up with motorhome supplier, brought new nov 2008,
Any suggestions would be very gratefull,:thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi all,anyone out there with tech knowledge or suggestions on what the problem is with my Dometec B2200 air conditioning unit.
Went out this morning to charge up batteries ready for our xmas trip, plugged in hookup lead and the blower started,no indicator lights showing, on off button not working, remote controller has no effect. The fan stopped and started a couple of times and then just hummed as though seized so unplugged unit and thought I would ask on here before taking it up with motorhome supplier, brought new nov 2008,
Any suggestions would be very gratefull,:thumb:

Take it back to the dealer!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as dave said.....back to the dealers.
it may be just out of warrenty but a good dealer will honour it i would say.

does it have a seperate mains on/off fused switch or just the on/off button on the unit ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
as dave said.....back to the dealers.
it may be just out of warrenty but a good dealer will honour it i would say.

does it have a seperate mains on/off fused switch or just the on/off button on the unit ?

Hi, it plugs into 13amp s/k in cupboard so can isolate,dont think I will be needing it yet for a while.prob phone dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say,

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, it plugs into 13amp s/k in cupboard so can isolate,dont think I will be needing it yet for a while.prob phone dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say,

thats ok so you can isolate it fully. :thumb:
mine is connected to a switched fused spur above the sink.

the top cover is only fixed with 4 large head Allen screws and lifts clear so you could have a look and see if the fan has siezed and clear any water thats found its way in.

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Will get up there and have a look under the cover and see if anything obvious,bit cold out there at mo, flakes of snow/sleet.Roll on summer.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have a waeco one and run it now and then to keep the seals lubricated.....But I do remember reading somewhere that in very low temperatures they may not work, not sure though........

where are you going that you would need A/C?

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi,yeah heard the same but no probs last winter,off to Barmouth N Wales on xmas eve till New years Eve,and I dont expect will need the air con,lol
Many Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back