Tv reception problem solved?! :)) (1 Viewer)

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
For those of you who may be having reception problems, and who may be fairly capable with computers I decided to try USB freeview. When joining 3G mobile broadband I received a free welcome gift 'Hauppage Win TV'. You get a USB dongle, a small Ariel and a software disc. I'd forgotten about this for some 12 months, so decided to try it in my motorhome. Depending upon the area you are currently parked in dictates which channels are available, but mine has never picked up less than 60 even when way out in the sticks. But the main thing is no matter which channels you get reception is BRILLIANT! Dvd quality. To purchase the system only costs £30 or so, well worth a try! Love to all, Richy ::bigsmile:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Not sure I am understanding what it is you have but if it is a dongle wouldn't it depend if you were 'urban' enough to get a mobile signal ? ( not saying its no good, just asking/clarifying )

OP
OP
RichyB

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
Hi Graham,
I understand the question. The device is simply a USB Digital laptop TV receiver dongle. But lets say that so far I've found it capable of receiving 60+ channels where there has been no decent normal TV signal. it comes supplied with a small magnetic ariel which connects to the dongle. But you can link it to your usual van ariel if you wish, the connections are the same. It just seems to be 100x better than using a normal TV receiver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I think it will be one of these [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Adapter-Dongle-Freeview-Receiver/dp/B000OF1EJM[/ame]

Dave

OP
OP
RichyB

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
...by the way, once you've installed and registered the software, you don't need internet connection to watch the TV!

sooty2

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hi Top on Fiat
Exp
Since 1970s
Sounds good. Does anyone know if France or Spain have a version of freeview? It would be great to watch free tv on a laptop even in French or Spanish. If I take an ordinary tv would I get anything at all without a satellite? I seem to think you used to be able to get either picture or sound but not both.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back