Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Hi, Sorry if it has been asked already... I can't find it in the search..... I am looking for an LPG fitting for Spain and is it different for different countries? Does it fit on the end of the existing fitting?

We only use it for domestic stuff not as fuel.

thanks
alice and george

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
it should fix to the exsisting one ye we have one that i use http://www.gasure.co.uk/ a local guy to us helpfull too steve is his name

I had a look at the site you recommend and as far as I can see the do not stock the Spanish fitting, the New Euro fitting that is in use by Repsol ( the bigest supplier of autogas in Spain) is not shown.

They are very difficult to find and can be a dear as 70euros.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I got mine from Here: :winky:

Just click on Autogas/LPG Filling Adapters

http://www.autogasshop.co.uk/flush-filler-to-1-34-acme-6-p.asp

I have not got the New one yet, still a lot of money, and I will wait and see how quick they change the pumps.........."New" Euro Quick Release Filler Adapter
£29.84 ::bigsmile:

This is the NEW Euro filler adapter it screws (thread w21.8mm) into the flush fillers or
the standard bayonet fillers sometimes found on LPG vehicles or Motorhomes that have a
fixed bulk domestic tank with an auxiliary filling point.

At the moment it seems to be only found in parts of Spain.

The adapter can be fitted, used and then removed by hand.

:winky:::bigsmile: Bob.

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Hi Sugarplum,
Are you asking about refilling a bottle/tank at a pump, as those before me have assumed or
are you talking about swapping empty bottle for full one in Spain?
If the latter, it depends on what type of fitting you have in your van.
If you have a bulkhead regulator fixed to the cupboard wall, you will need a Spanish valve instead of the UK type screw-in fitting. This is just a tap, in effect, and your bulkhead regulator will continue as before.
If you have a regulator fitted on the end of a pipe that then screws into your UK bottle, you will need a Spanish regulator instead.
Both are easy to get from a Leroy Merlin or similar and will cost you about £12.
Getting hold of a Spanish bottle to swap for a full one is a little harder. The best source is a car boot sale and will cost you around £10.

If your question was the former, please ignore all this rubbish:Eeek:
Patrick

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
until recently spain has used the dutch system same as uk , but change to the new euronozzle , not yet available in the uk , is in course and all new pumps being installed in spain seem to have the new system

adaptor looks like this Link Removed

france and portugal are still on italian cup , but portugal say they are going to change as well

OP
OP
sugarplum

sugarplum

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Sorry,

I seem to have explained this wrongly......................I have an onboard LPG tank which we use for heating and cooking and we fill up at Countrywide while we are in UK. Can I get a fitting to add to my existing one that will enable me to fill up while in Spain?

thanks for your replies.... alice and george

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Yes an acme to claw gun no problem, but acme to the new euronozzle will be, as far as I know you can't get one at the mo.

Olley

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, at the moment you use the UK Bayonet, If you look at the link on my last post. And click on the Autogas/ Lpg filler adapters, and you will see the UK and others. :Smile:

The new one is on there, as in the post from lebesset. :thumb: Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes an acme to claw gun no problem, but acme to the new euronozzle will be, as far as I know you can't get one at the mo.

Olley

HI Olley, we had a problem years ago with our gas car, our uk fitting was only about 10mm into the tank, I think they have them in Poland, and the dish one we got was the larger thead, so we had a thread put inside our UK Bayonet and screw the others into it.:winky: And we had the tread put in in France....... That was fun.::bigsmile: Bob.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Bob, the only answer I can see at the moment is to thread the inside of the acme to bayonet, and then you could screw the euronozzel into that, and then screw both onto your tank.

I am going to have a go with mine when I get the chance.

Olley

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Olley, a good bloke like yourself will soon do that, :Smile: I will keep an eye on Ebay to see if you start selling them.:winky:::bigsmile: Bob.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi Bob, the only answer I can see at the moment is to thread the inside of the acme to bayonet, and then you could screw the euronozzel into that, and then screw both onto your tank.

I am going to have a go with mine when I get the chance.

Olley

If I had access to a lathe and some brass I would make one without the non return valve as I think the valve is a waste of time if its going to be removed after filling, plus there is always the chance of a freeze burn from the escaping gas.

Doug...

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
If I had access to a lathe and some brass I would make one without the non return valve as I think the valve is a waste of time if its going to be removed after filling, plus there is always the chance of a freeze burn from the escaping gas.

Doug...

Hi Doug, picking my old lathe up tomorrow, hopefully :Smile: Uncle found it for me about 35 years ago on a building site, he was the architect in charge of the rebuilding, I swopped it for a cement mixer after about ten years with my father when we built our house, dad died in 96 and it got passed back to uncle, he's since died and his widow has said I can have it. So well chuffed.

Olley

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi Doug, picking my old lathe up tomorrow, hopefully :Smile: Uncle found it for me about 35 years ago on a building site, he was the architect in charge of the rebuilding, I swopped it for a cement mixer after about ten years with my father when we built our house, dad died in 96 and it got passed back to uncle, he's since died and his widow has said I can have it. So well chuffed.

Olley

Ok on the lathe, if you do turn one off, pass the dimensions to me and if I get access to a lathe, I can knock one up.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back