Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I hope this has not been covered before, I have an "Orange France" dongle with sim card and here's the rub, all instructions are surprise surprise in french.
I am relatively up to speed on computers so don't envisage any problems with installation when on holiday in France but am a bit unsure as to topping up as it is payg.
Perhaps it may just be a case of the credit card on-line or instore.
Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone has used one your opinion as to the performance.
Many thanks in advance. :RollEyes:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I hope this has not been covered before, I have an "Orange France" dongle with sim card and here's the rub, all instructions are surprise surprise in french.
I am relatively up to speed on computers so don't envisage any problems with installation when on holiday in France but am a bit unsure as to topping up as it is payg.
Perhaps it may just be a case of the credit card on-line or instore.
Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone has used one your opinion as to the performance.
Many thanks in advance. :RollEyes:

Hi Auldcodger

I have noticed nobody has replied to your question..........(this is not like the funsters they are very knowledgeable and quick to reply and help).......we live in France and we used to have a orange mobile phone.........we would top up at any Tabac or an orange mobile phone shop (there are plenty) we would get a Mobi-carte.........I don't think there would be much difference between a phone sim and a data sim for the dongle......(meaning getting topped up).

Mel

If you get any free time when you get back to England would you let me know how you got on with the orange dongle.....connection wise........(it is the monthly contract of around 39 euros for 24 months unlimited, for the few months I would need it ...motorhoming that puts us off) ....or have you got the hourly one

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I did this recently whilst in France. I bought a PAYG sim card from the orange shop. Now, to use the internet, you have to go into the settings of the orange network on the mobile phone. You then set it to allow internet access. I enlisted the help of a English speaking French lady who did it for me, as the menu is in French. You then take the sim card out of your phone, put it in your dongle and the just alter the settings for Orange. Here is the link for the settings for each country and each phone provider.

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back