Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I want a new Sat Nav that I can enter map co-ords into.I've only ever used Navman and am currently looking at their 'Trade in' offer for a Spirit 555 with western europe mapping @ £160 with a free upgrade to Jun2009 maps if taken up within 30 days.

Tell me why you wouldn't consider Navman and which Garmin or Tom Tom would be so much better .::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My preference is Garmin and I have just bought a new Nuvi 865 T, it accepts lat long coordinates as well as door number and post code searches. I got this one because it has speech recognition and it is possible to navigate completely without using the touch screen. Good luck in your search :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I want a new Sat Nav that I can enter map co-ords into.I've only ever used Navman and am currently looking at their 'Trade in' offer for a Spirit 555 with western europe mapping @ £160 with a free upgrade to Jun2009 maps if taken up within 30 days.

Tell me why you wouldn't consider Navman and which Garmin or Tom Tom would be so much better .::bigsmile:

hi

I'm looking on the Link Removed and don't see an S555 with European mapping.. do you have a link to the offer ?

thanks
jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Link Removed Hope this works Mike

thanks, link worked ok..

looks like a decent unit, I'd say that was a good offer..

I've have a TT One XL Europe, three years old now, can't complain, it's performed faultlessly, but when I bought it there weren't nearly so many competitors.. and the prices have fallen dramatically since then..

If I were replacing I'd be struggling to decide between Navman, Garmin or TT .. just too much choice and they all do basically the same job.. so it would be down to features, size of screen and the price..

The other thing to consider is the cost of mapping upgrades, it's hardly worth while up dating my TT.. a new unit wouldn't be that much more expensive and with my luck I'd update the maps and it would fail a few months later :roflmto:

Personally I like basic units, swiss army knife products seldom do everything well.. (my reason for choosing that model of TT) .. so if it has all the features you want and your happy with the price.. go for it..

jim

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi . Carefull, Navman have thebeen known to sell you there produce and then a year latter obsolete the dam thing leaving you high and dry.
Pudseykeith :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I agree with pudsey, MIO promised me month after month that they were producing Visa drivers for my C710, then after 12 months renaged and just said that it was not compatable.

Although I like the stanav I cannot update it and will have to replace it soon and will probabaly go for a Garmin next time.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Wouldn't touch Navman with a barge pole. Some years ago I paid £600 for their top of the range model only to find two years later they brought out a new range and no longer supported mine:Eeek: Therefore could not update maps. Pack of w****rs. Now on TomTom and it is far better in every way. :thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back