LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
See: The Man Who Sued God. Lovely film. Strangely, set in NZ.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
So, remember, you were not blown off the road - you swerved to avoid a (fill in as appropriate for the country) and a wheel caught a rut and pulled you off the road.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So, remember, you were not blown off the road - you swerved to avoid a (fill in as appropriate for the country) and a wheel caught a rut and pulled you off the road.

Sorry sir, we cannot meet your claim, that wasn't a rut, it was one of God's footprints.

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
can't beat an act of god,
used to try it on in the event of high winds causing damage in one of my previous lives in the 70s
An event which is caused solely by the effect of nature or natural causes and without any interference by humans .. .. ..
An event beyond human control: a sudden uncontrollable event produced by natural forces, e.g. an earthquake or a tornado .. .. ..

always worth a try to prevent paying out :Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You know, it struck me that I might well say ok, it might be an act of god
Well sorry to say I have no control over any god so you go chase him or her up for the money cos by your own words, it was they that caused the damage and not me. :winky:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Just say that you are a Muslim and follow Islam: The Mahdi [The Guided One, the Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi] is said to control the weather and the crops. His face is also said to glow etc etc.........so not your fault :thumb:

Or plead normal “Muslim Weather”.......like it is here in Spain at the moment..............”Partly Sunni but mostly Shi'ite”.........:ROFLMAO:

Or perhaps be a Buddhist.......An enlightened being would think that this is ridiculous and based on a wrong view. Regarding the different aspects of impermanence, getting old and dying, the changing of the weather, etc., Buddhists have a single statement, namely the first seal: phenomena are impermanent because they are compounded. Anything that is assembled will, sooner or later, come apart.....................I Think.............:Eeek:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I don't believe in god, can I demand that unless they can prove his existence then how can he have acted? Give me proof that god exists & he is so vindictive as to blow over us poor motorhomers & I'll pay the twenty thousand dollars.:Eeek:

From the other point of view then everything must be an act of god if he created us then everything is his fault so send him the bill.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back