Motorhome owners required for starring security role (1 Viewer)

blucamp2

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
looks good.:thumb: whats the pay ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have no connection with the company and have no information other than what is in the link.

Anyone interested in taking up the role with Octavian should call 08700 123999, and ask for their Outside Broadcast Department.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
First you will need to pass the vetting and training which is a minimum 5 days, and then pay for your Security Licence which will cost you £250. Normally when security companies want you to bring along your motorhome their intention is to squeeze extra work from you while you are not being paid, by having you stay on site. The Working Time Directive (WTD) is very clear about what constitutes time-off, remaining on site in your motorhome when expected to respond should something happen is not time off. Should something happen to you whilst on one of these long shifts, the security companies insurers will not cover them or you if they are breaking the law/WTD, so make sure you are well insured.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I have a friend who works for them you are locked in the compound and your time for work is through the night. Work seems to be mainly weekends.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
only for the company you're working for.

i think uniformed security pay is on a par with unemployment benefits:Doh:
And they just love folks who are already on a pension, ie, ex service personnel, with the theory that, they don't need a decent wage if they're on a pension. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Jock.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
The only mention of pay was they like to keep their earnings below £10,000 a year for tax reasons both of them as a couple do the job.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
i think uniformed security pay is on a par with unemployment benefits:Doh:

Hi Papa, what about that guy who sometimes posts on here? he made a fortune from security, bought a welsh mountain and retired there. :ROFLMAO:

Olley

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Papa, what about that guy who sometimes posts on here? he made a fortune from security, bought a welsh mountain and retired there. :ROFLMAO:

Olley

shhhhhh , he never retired, that's Jim's company that's advertising :winky:

:roflmto:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I think I would be dubious about calling any company that wants my services but has the cheek to ask me to phone an 0870 number so they can make money out of my enquiry phone call as well as try and exploit me into becoming a security guard for naff all money. Its hardly a paid holiday for a pensioner in their MH and presumably if they need overnight security staff then they feel there is a security risk! Doesnt sound like my idea of a relaxing nights sleep or a MH adventure.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
A little bit off the subject, but regarding 0870 numbers,this site is
very useful
Frank

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Yes really good site. I find 0800 numbers a pain now as well. I know they are well intentioned as free phone numbers but they are not free from mobiles or included in your monthly tarrif. Its a good source that site for dialing from abroad as well because 08 number only work when dialled from UK.

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I just called and they pay £7ph, there must be two SIA licence holders per motorhome t0 do 12 hour shifts and they dont pay any travel expenses.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I just called and they pay £7ph, there must be two SIA licence holders per motorhome t0 do 12 hour shifts and they dont pay any travel expenses.
Oh well, that idea's out the window then. :ROFLMAO:

Believe it or not, that £7.00 ph, is more than many coach and bus drivers get paid (pending area), for carrying anything up to 78 passengers, ie, human life, the most precious load carried on the roads. :whatthe:

Jock.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

As Jock said, more than some coach drivers.. of course it won't suit everyone but a £14 per hour for a couple aint bad at all .. or is that per couple ?

have you seen what some camp sites pay wardens.. ? no wonder some don't smile.. :RollEyes: better off on JSA

jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No Jim, more than likely, that is £7 per hour, only one will be paid even though you are both there for 24 hours, one of you will be paid for the first 12, then the other.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No Jim, more than likely, that is £7 per hour, only one will be paid even though you are both there for 24 hours, one of you will be paid for the first 12, then the other.

yeah.. that makes sense Jim, thought it sounded too good to be true..

cheers

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
yeah jim its one on one off, jobs are nationwide and mainly weekends so by the time you take off your fuel to get there and back is it worth it ? and the SIA licence is around £350 and takes 4 days to get.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back