Passenger Footrest in Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Carolyn has short legs ::bigsmile: which means her feet don't reach the floor in the passenger seat,which is not 'height adjustable'.
She feels that she needs a foot rest.Has anyone else had this problem? If so,what was your solution?
I know I could make summat :Smile:But I'm lazy :ROFLMAO:

Mike.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A case of beer / wine / :roflmto:

plenty of cheap plastic boxes available, try the 99p shops ..:thumb:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Carolyn has short legs ::bigsmile: which means her feet don't reach the floor in the passenger seat,which is not 'height adjustable'.

Mike.
Denise also has this problem as she is vertically challenged (is that the PC way of saying "short"). She needs a step to reach into the top cupboards in the motorhome and uses this as a footrest when travelling (multipurpose is always best)

Phil

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
pair of platform shoes:ROFLMAO:

My Wife has the same problem, its because the swivel seat lifts the height of the seat by 2 inches, in our case we use a small plastic stool that also doubles up for here to reach the top lockers.

Doug...

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
We use a small toolbox. Very handy location when you need a spanner!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Assuming the seat adjustment is at its lowest why not use any of the forgoing suggestions or a smaal step,available from many pound shops. I have seen the small step used that is purchased for little boys to stand on to reach the WC to have a pee!!:whatthe:

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Seeing as motorhoming is such a practical hands-on sort of hobby, the lack of initiative:RollEyes: shown sometimes is amazing!

In my book 'Initiative' is getting as many people as possible to offer solutions and then adopting or modifying the best one :ROFLMAO:

Mike

HarryM

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have the same problem, it is not just the passenger's feet reaching the floor comfortably but also the eyeline is just outside the arc covered by the wiper. As a "temporary" solution I have removed the swivel unit and am searching for a replacement seat base that can be cut and rewelded to accomodate the extra height of the swivel unit, thus far a trawl of scrapyards has failed to produce one . (Fiat woud like £150 to provide a new base) I am reluctant to cut and weld the orginal in case there is an issue with the MOT and safety so it is a matter of keep looking.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Given all the suggestions for boxs and tool boxes dont make for comfort
A false floor seems the logical answer made at an angle of aprox 20/ 30 degrees and covered in a rubber car mat will do nicely, cut a a hole in the sides and you also have a little extra storage Maps etc
1/2 hour in the garage bit of wood simples:thumb:
Geo

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Given all the suggestions for boxs and tool boxes dont make for comfort
A false floor seems the logical answer made at an angle of aprox 20/ 30 degrees and covered in a rubber car mat will do nicely, cut a a hole in the sides and you also have a little extra storage Maps etc
1/2 hour in the garage bit of wood simples:thumb:
Geo

and make an extra step to get in and out of the van.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I bought a foot stool with little legs for Sylv ,and took two legs off and voila we got a foot rest which is comfy on the feet , We bought this for our Fiat but she now uses it in the Transit :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:its no good for putting tools in of course but it is pretty looking heh heh heh

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Pat is also vertically challenged (Pat speak for a short-arse, but then I've always said that short is beautiful - particularly when she's stood next to me ::bigsmile:). I was never happy with her using the fold-away step, folded, as a foot rest. I prefer to drive bare-foot, and found the accelerator pedal too high, so best solution was to raise the cab floor.
A sheet of 12mm plywood, cut to shape in two sections (left side and right side - can't fit it in otherwise) and another piece to fit between the seats, all screwed down on bearers of the correct thicknesses, painted matt black with very fine sand mixed in with the paint before application, to prevent the mat slipping, and Bob's your uncle. Just needed to make sure that the pedals aren't compromised and it works a treat. Pat can reach the floor in comfort and I can drive bare-foot without straining my achilles tendon (or whatever it was that hurt after an hour or two of driving). :thumb:

John

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
MOH uses an upside down seed tray:thumb:

Just the right height for her

Rickboy

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Funster No
Lower seat box

You can get a lower seatbox.This entails removing the seat and box and replacing the box with a lower one.About £50.Not the cheapest or easiest opton,but what woman is?
"Because I am worth it"

May 22, 2008
Funster No
In the Hymer we use a small wooden lidded box which my wife upholstered as a foot rest. it is dual purpose as all things Motorhome should be, we keep maps and guides in it.:roflmto::roflmto:

HarryM

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You can get a lower seatbox.This entails removing the seat and box and replacing the box with a lower one.About £50.Not the cheapest or easiest opton,but what woman is?
"Because I am worth it"

Rickboy, Where can you get the lower seatbox from?

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
foot rest

hiya, my lady is 4 11, and cant even reach the ground standing up, but she is so cute, lazy, thats not wot us motorhomers are like is it, we drive, wash cook, clean pamper the ladies, run to the shop make the bed,, ooooooooh dear, phew, nearly believed it myself. just make a little stool,i used a piece of plank for sides, cut ends at an angle, and the slope is great, and she so loves me for the effort i put in, go on, dooo it:thumb::ROFLMAO:

Rickboy

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Funster No
EBay

Rickboy, Where can you get the lower seatbox from?
Last one I saw on eBay item 300368660397 I dare not tell you the price it fetched.

I have seen them at the Newbuy Show

Marcle Leisure do them but want silly money.

You can also get a shallower seat frame,goes between the seatbox and runners.

Hope that helps

Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back