RV Relays - which does what? (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi all,

Further to my other thread about the ongoing power issues, I think it would help if I knew what these two relay/solenoids do and how...

If you look at the picture and recognise the setup please tell me what each of them do and how they are triggered.

FWIW I reckon one of them may be to do with the battery disconnect switch just inside the habitation door and the other may be to do with the battery boost button on the dashboard for temporarily joining both the starter and leisure batteries together.

Of course, I reserve the right to be completely wrong. :thumb:

Attachments

• DSC_0159.JPG
    DSC_0159.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 51

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all,

Further to my other thread about the ongoing power issues, I think it would help if I knew what these two relay/solenoids do and how... :thumb:

Not a clue but sure as hell they could generate a whole lot of smoke.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Bryan

one have it in one.. :thumb:

The battery disconnect relay ( bottom one I think) is controlled from the unit by the hab door. This automatically trips the relay if the battery voltage drops below 12v ( or thereabouts ) This is to prevent totally flattening the hab batteries... It can also be used to isolate the 12v when putting the coach into storage.

The other relay is the Emergency start which links engine and hab batteries.. controlled from switch on dash board..

To positively identify, hold the relays then get an assistant to operate the Bat Disc switch ..

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Thanks Jim.

I think they are both powered from the leisure battery as they only work when the leisure battery has power.

As they do both work when the leisure battery is powered I don't think they can be a source of the problem I'm having with the parallax converter not powering the buses 12v circuits.

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Jim.

I think they are both powered from the leisure battery as they only work when the leisure battery has power.

As they do both work when the leisure battery is powered I don't think they can be a source of the problem I'm having with the parallax converter not powering the buses 12v circuits.

Link Removed

Hi Bryan

distance fault finding is almost impossible, I can only give you some pointers and I'm not great at explaining.. if I were closer I'd pop round and help out..

The 12v supply to the coach goes through the bat disconnect relay whether on ehu or not ..

1 Check if relay has a supply and is energised,( the coil feed is the thin wires, ) if not the fault lies either with the battery disconnect switch by the hab door .. or the wiring between the two..

2. If energised, check the input and output on the thick wires .. if that is ok then it must be bad connection or a fuse blown ..

come back with your findings..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back