Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi we are newbies having just bought a G reg Frankia Atlantis to see if we like it before upgrading.
We love the solid build of our van. Only snag is manual is in German.
Are there any other Frankia owners out there?
Want to fit a gas oven. Anyone done this?
Staging lady:Smile::Smile:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Staginglady
you could try Spinneys in Chesire Frankia main agent

www.spinney-motorcaravans.co.uk
Tel 1477 535808
email spinney@spinney-motorcaravans.co.uk

can't help with the oven i'm afraid and it seems like your the only Frankia owner on here upto now
but i'm sure some one on here can help hope you enjoy your motorhome look foward to seeing you at a meet :thumb:

OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Tony,
Wow what a quick reply! Thanks for the info about Spinneys. Will be paying them a visit.
Do you like your Winniebago? My father always wanted one but we never had the money. Seen them in the US. They are amazing.
Will come to a meet but we need to practise driving with a LHdrive first!
Cheers!
Staging lady:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mumbear

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
Hi we are newbies having just bought a G reg Frankia Atlantis to see if we like it before upgrading.

Hi staging lady

We have a Frankia motorhome too.
We haven't fitted an oven, but we did add a separate grill.
Ours is 2002, and our manual is also in German !!:roflmto:

OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Mumbear,

Good to meet another Frankia owner! I love my van even though she's old like me- we suit each other!
I don't know if this might help you with your manual. I have been using this translation site
babelfish.com to get the registration document in English. We wanted to work outthe payload. Mine says axle weight 1600k and 1700kg but I'm struggling with the rest. Leergewicht seems to mean unladen weight = 2520kg
gesamt gewicht we think is entire weight =2810kg .Does this mean we have only 290 kg payload for a six seater?
If only it was in French I could do that !
Where did you get your van from? have you had it serviced yet?
Staging lady

A

alanplumbridge

Deleted User
german frankia manuals

Hi, We've just done the same (bought a Frankia with a german manual). I'm working through it bit by bit starting with tyre pressures and electrical (look for mention of volts). By 'working through it' I mean I'm laboriously typing it word by word into babel fish. We've got an English friend who has lived in Vienna for ten years coming round next week, so I'll get him onto the case too. Ve Vould be villink to share ze information. Or if you have a different manual; do you know about babel fish? It's time consuming, depending on your typing speed, but it kind-of works

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Was at Stanford Hall caravan site over the weekend , the guy who runs the site is selling a tag axle Frankia , left hand drive with scooter carrier , top box etc...... It,s on a J plate looks in really good nick for it,s age and a good price at around ÂŁ10,000

M

Mitch

Deleted User
Fankia

Hi, I've jost sold my Ford E350 C-class American RV and bought a 1996 Frankia A-750 Tag axle :Smile:
What a great move, we love it (never have American again).

I haven't even got the luxury of a manual but have managed to figure out how it all works. She's in beautiful condition with only 70k miles.

If you ever translate your manuals I'd love some help on tyre pressures ::bigsmile:

Mitch "The future is European":thumb:

peter

Free Member
Nov 23, 2007
Near Boston Linc's
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia 640
Exp
Since 2000
I have a Frankia i640sd 2014. Bought new from SMC Motorhomes.in Newark and we love it. You should try Frankia in Germany for your manuals, they are very obliging and helpful. You can join the Pilot owners club if you wish, as Frankia are owned by Pilot. We have a good membership with quite a few rallies in this country and Europe.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ditto Frankia i640sd owner. The main and only Frankia dealer in the UK are SMC Newark, although not sure how much help they would be. Pilote Owners Assoc are a nice bunch and have a lot of Frankia owners they have a forum. But try emailing Frankia direct as they have been responsive when we contacted them.

No idea how to fit an oven, sorry.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
2007 post, and I don't think the OP is on FUN any more, very nearly answered myself though but couldn't get the @ to work.

Martin

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2007 post, and I don't think the OP is on FUN any more, very nearly answered myself though but couldn't get the @ to work.

Martin
Oooops, caught out again, promised myself to check the dates after last time:(

lucas70

Free Member
May 25, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia A class
Exp
looking to buy
Hi staging lady, we have just purchased a 2004 Frankie Comfort I 700 2wks ago and have just completed a 1000 mile jaunt. We love it and it has a oven with 4 gas rings and grill, also massive fridge with separate freezer department . Hoping to catch up with some other funsters on our journeys, regards Lou and Jill

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
It might be worth a few of you chipping in and finding a translator, you can find them on line, my guess based on work we have had done is 8-10 Euros per page, but if you can find a student or a translator in say Ukraine they might be much cheaper.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It might help other owners of foreign manuals, we use it a lot to decipher stuff that we receive in the mail..
It's an app for ios ( may be available for android, whatever that is!) called Scan and Translate.
Use the app with your iPad or iPhone camera, photograph the page and it translates it into English for you. It seems pretty accurate, and the version I have is free.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Shame it's an old post. I met them a few times. Lovely family :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back