Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi what are members views on the new fiat cab its been around about a year now
has it grown on you?? or is it still ugly has ever does it suit the low profile better? i think it looks odd on the elldis avantange range i mean they should have redsigned the luton the boxy type looks a bit odd :RollEyes: in my opuion:Doh: then is there any issues with the new design?

ray

Last edited:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Multijet

Hi Ray

I have had mine for three weeks and have covered over 2500 miles in that time. The engine is FAB. I know nothing about torque, power to weight and all that rubbish, but I do know this unit - 3.0 litre Multijet - marches on like a trooper uphill and down dale. yielding 23-24 mpg even when cracking on.

Russell

motoroamin

Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
Hi Ray,

I agree about the looks and my comment on Motorhome Chooser's Sunstyle (Autoquest) report was 'the Sunstyle is not the sleekest of motorhomes, having a traditional body shape and styling', that was a polite way of saying the body just doesn't blend with the cab, especially when you see what other manufacturers have done.

Perhaps Explorer Group will have made enough sales to give it a facelift...

I also think the new cab/engine is a huge step forward, despite a few teething problems. Like everything, in a year or two they'll all have been ironed out I guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well, apart from the water feature and now a recall on dodgy gear boxes .. :Doh:

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/create_rapex.cfm?rx_id=151

Category: Motor vehicles
Product: Passenger car – gear box

Brand: FIAT
Type/number of model: Fiat Ducato x2/50 with 3.0 JTD diesel engine

Description: The recall concerns FIAT Ducato x2/50 with 3.0 JTD diesel engine cars, with chassis numbers from 1013691 to 1212895.

The product poses a serious risk of injuries because of a possible loss of control of the vehicle.

There may in some cases be some interference between the right bearing of the differential gear with the differential gear cap due to excess casting material on the differential gear cap, resulting in the possible breakage of the bearing. Such a case could result in the driver not being able to use the gear box, leading to possible loss of control of vehicle.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ugliest thing to come out of the fiat stable since the god awful multiplas.
who the hell thought that one up. :ROFLMAO:
same guy that worked for suzuki and designed the X90 when they sacked him for taking the pi**.:whatthe:

john.

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Well, apart from the water feature and now a recall on dodgy gear boxes .. :Doh:

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/create_rapex.cfm?rx_id=151

Category: Motor vehicles
Product: Passenger car – gear box

Brand: FIAT
Type/number of model: Fiat Ducato x2/50 with 3.0 JTD diesel engine

Description: The recall concerns FIAT Ducato x2/50 with 3.0 JTD diesel engine cars, with chassis numbers from 1013691 to 1212895.

The product poses a serious risk of injuries because of a possible loss of control of the vehicle.

There may in some cases be some interference between the right bearing of the differential gear with the differential gear cap due to excess casting material on the differential gear cap, resulting in the possible breakage of the bearing. Such a case could result in the driver not being able to use the gear box, leading to possible loss of control of vehicle.

...!!!are you reading this russell:RollEyes::Doh:

ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
This model seems like many nowadays where it is cheaper for the manfacturer to do less testing and pay for recalls and warranty work, meaning that they can get the product on the market quicker.
Personally I like to purchase a new vehicle in its second year of production as most things are then sorted.
Still do not like the shape at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back