Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We desperately need some external thermal screens for our MH which is a 1999 transit base. I have been looking for a while....need them before Christmas as we're off to Disney::bigsmile:
Anyway, no one here is selling any so I've been looking around. I don't want to spend too much, probably no more the £90.
I've seen some branded Nova Leisure, and also silver products.

Is one of these brands better than the other, or are there any others for around this price I should be looking at? The genuine silver screens seem a bit too expensive brand new.

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Hi I am sure Silver Products (sell a lot on Ebay) are related to Silverscreens which are reputed to be the best thermal screen manufacturer

Alan H

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi I am sure Silver Products (sell a lot on Ebay) are related to Silverscreens which are reputed to be the best thermal screen manufacturer

Alan H

Yeah silver products do sell on ebay, which is where I first saw them. They're selling lots of pre-used ons at the moment, but just my luck none that'd fit our van, so would have to buy them new from them:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

We have Taylormade "long line" external silver screen. It is very well made and we are very happy with the product.:thumb:

steve

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We desperately need some external thermal screens for our MH which is a 1999 transit base. I have been looking for a while....need them before Christmas as we're off to Disney::bigsmile:
Anyway, no one here is selling any so I've been looking around. I don't want to spend too much, probably no more the £90.

Is one of these brands better than the other, or are there any others for around this price I should be looking at? The genuine silver screens seem a bit too expensive brand new.

Hi,

If you give Darren, John or Matt a ring I am sure we have some available.

Peter

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Why external?

If for some reason you have to move in a hurry, say a fire in the next MH you dont want to be goin outside to remove the screens, or if you are parked up somewere and you have yobs banging on the MH its not a good time to go out.

I firmly believe that internal screens are the way to go.

Doug...

S

stagman

Deleted User
Is one of these brands better than the other, or are there any others for around this price I should be looking at? The genuine silver screens seem a bit too expensive brand new.[/QUOTE]

I would second Doug's comments . Fiamma do a tidy set cheaper and better than Taylormade I think , otherwise SilverScreens:thumb:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Doug

Surely one of the reasons to go for external screens is to avoid frost/ice/snow build up on the screen, but then I intend to go ski-ing.

If you have to move in a hurry clearing an obscured windscreen would be worse than pulling an external screen off, which some people may be able to do from the cab window.

Geoff

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
We desperately need some external thermal screens for our MH which is a 1999 transit base.

My Transit is a mk4 base (different side windows to yours) and I bought an external Silver Screen off eBay for £35, used it for one year then sold it back on eBay for £50.

I now have a set of internal Nova Leisure and they are very good.

However, I regret selling the external as the main advantage is during winter when parked up, an external keeps all the screens free of ice.

Whichever you buy you won't lose out if buying used as they often go for more than what you paid for them!

Alternatively you can make your own up using reflective thermal insulation found in most DIY stores such as B&Q etc, though this material is more suited as internal.

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks everyone for your replies.
We definately want external for the prevention of ice on the windows and condensation. We've got internal but the condensation is terrible.

I've looked on ebay, but in the last couple of months there has only been 1 set that will fit my van on there, (used ones) and I was outbid near the end and then my laptop froze meaning I couldn't win the bidding...was not happy :cry:

So is the general opinoin then that Nova, Fiamma, Silver products and silver screens are all great, and so to get any of these?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back