A class external screens (1 Viewer)

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
has anybody bought or used a Taylormade external screen for their A class? I want to buy one for my LHD Hymer 584 but am trying to decide between a Silverscreen or a Taylormade. Both appear to be made from very similar materials, but Taylormade one needs a piece of awning strip / moulding bonded vertically behind window on non door side to attach. SScreen version relies on a flap that is held inplace by being trapped in window. Both then hook over drivers door and have velcro removal centre panel. Choices!:Smile:

Any views / experiences / feedback appreciated.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
A Class screens

We bought our Screens from Van Comfort ( Burstner Aviano A Class ) and we had to fit a strip to the van as we have the Passenger door we have had no problems at all even in the Alps in Austria and France last year but don,t know how they would compare to the ones you are looking at. Our are easy to fit, by one person and stay in place.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
ours are the slide over the top of the driver,lock in the window and join in the middle type,and they are fantastic great in winter or summer:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We have a set of Silverscreens. Very good, we're pleased with them and the fitting is easy once you have done it a couple of times.

Philip

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We are using Siver Screens. Once you've done it a couple of times you get the hang of it.
There are three suckers that secure the flap that passes through the driver's sliding window; I had to dispense with the top one as I had already put the Motorhome Fun sticker there (wasn't taking that off :winky:) and in its place I made up a plastic 'hook' that went over the edge of the glass, tensioned with a piece of thin bungee elastic.
It was sometimes a bit of a sod getting the window to close, but I discovered that if you do the window first, then go around the windscreen and finish with the door it is a lot easier. Tug the bottom edge down and hold it in place with the wiper blades. A mod that I've made is to cut a piece of lightweight webbing the full width of the windscreen and fit velcro on both sides at each end that will correspond to the screens velcro strips. This serves to hold the upper corners of the sides in place if it's windy and you have the front down to let light in - they sometimes flapped in the breeze.

John

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
We are using Siver Screens. Once you've done it a couple of times you get the hang of it.
There are three suckers that secure the flap that passes through the driver's sliding window; I had to dispense with the top one as I had already put the Motorhome Fun sticker there (wasn't taking that off :winky:) and in its place I made up a plastic 'hook' that went over the edge of the glass, tensioned with a piece of thin bungee elastic.
It was sometimes a bit of a sod getting the window to close, but I discovered that if you do the window first, then go around the windscreen and finish with the door it is a lot easier. Tug the bottom edge down and hold it in place with the wiper blades. A mod that I've made is to cut a piece of lightweight webbing the full width of the windscreen and fit velcro on both sides at each end that will correspond to the screens velcro strips. This serves to hold the upper corners of the sides in place if it's windy and you have the front down to let light in - they sometimes flapped in the breeze.

John

Sounds like the faffing about I've had with mine :Sad:. Not Silvers I must add, forget who I bought them from, but they're a poor fit. I think I got them through that lot on the DARK side but can't be sure though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back