witch is the best tv AERIAL to get (1 Viewer)

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
i want to find out what is the best freeview AERIAL to get for my rv as the one it has if past it
on my old camper i used to have a STATUS 530/5 UHF VHF & FM AERIAL that was good and worked in france but they are £130
but i have seen the Status 315 Digital TV Areial for £85

has anyone used these or tell me what they think

thanks

Tiderus

Free Member
May 2, 2008
Tywyn, West Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Twelve years
Hi, just bought a motorhome and wanted an aerial. So the Status 530/5 seemed the best on the market according to our fellow funsters. As I have a lowline now, the /5 model is perfect, as no overhead cab to block the signal. It took very little fitting by the door alongside the TV, and the picture is great. Originaly I ordered one to be fitted by the dealer at a price of £270, But they forgot, so for £85 off ebay with a damaged box I saved a few bob. ( It may be the one you looked at.)The best I found new was £104, complete with the splitter box and booster. But don't buy the onmi directional ones, Iv'e tried but not a lot of good. Happy hunting Rgd's Graham.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
i want to find out what is the best freeview AERIAL to get for my rv as the one it has if past it
on my old camper i used to have a STATUS 530/5 UHF VHF & FM AERIAL that was good and worked in france but they are £130

thanks

Don't waste your money, they truly are rubbish.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i have seen the Status 315 Digital TV Areial for £85

thanks

Rubbish.

If there is a strong signal they do work but for sensitivity right at the bottom of the heap.

For £20 or less you can buy a normal house type aerial that will be as good as the 530 but not convenient.

And the other school of thought goes "Sat Dish" which can be cheaper than the 315. Downside - Trees.

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
I wouldn't bother and go for a cheap SATELLITE set up
you can achieve this for around £80

Alan H

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi go for the STATUS 530/5 :thumb: never had a problem with ours:thumb: or if you do not mind how it looks a pole and normal tv ariel @ around £15
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we have the following ant fitted to the ladder on the rear of our MH, it is omnidirectional and always gives a good signal, comes comlpete with a sturdy mount and a preamp, we love it.

Link Removed

paid £19 for ours but they have gone up but still cheap as chips.:winky::winky::winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Status 315 !!!!!

stick a wire coathanger in the aerial socket......it will work better.:Sad:

if you want cheap and dont mind setting up a pole outside then a normal domestic aerial just cant be beaten.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If its on an Rv and has the Wingaurd aerial they work just fine
It is however a powered aerial and the box has to be switched on otherwise its as useful as damp string.
If power is on and it don't work, a new mast head is available

Failing that remove the bat wing and fasten a domestic type in its place it can then still be lowered and spun round:thumb:
The Staus 530 arial is an excelent arial but on an RV:Eeek: shame on you::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
If its on an Rv and has the Wingaurd aerial they work just fine
It is however a powered aerial and the box has to be switched on otherwise its as useful as damp string.

'Tis why I asked...

Chap we bought Winne from condemed the aerial. I queried the power unit booster thing and he said he didn't know what it was. Needless to say switched on and it works great.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

thanks

Status 315 £88-08p from us less Funsters Discount:thumb: got one on the boat and works very well.

Peter

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
I'd say get the 530/5. I got mine and had it fitted at Johns Cross. Really pleased with it.

Alan

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
We had a cheap directional ariel on a pole attached to the side of the van, worked fine but unfortunatly forgot to take it down before leaving a site:Doh: We left it on a road somewhere in wales at least i think we only had the cable left when we got home.
Have replaced with a status 530/5, that one not going anywhere it goes through the roof and excellent picture too.::bigsmile:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We've got the Status 315 on our Autosleeper Symphony and this summer we gave up watching TV as we could not get a signal either analogue or digital almost anywhere. We never had a problem with the same model in our caravan.
We looked at getting a stand-alone directional on a pole but decided to wait until the digital switchover before deciding anything, as we are limited in space to carry anything extra. Glad we did. Today I decided that as digital switchover is complete in our area (North-East Wales) I'd try the TV again. With the MH on our drive, where previously we could only get BBC channels on digital and nothing at all on analogue, we have now got a full service of all digital channels available to us.
So those of you who said on the forum that once the full signal strength was up and running the Status 315 would probably be OK were absolutely right (well certainly in our case).

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we have now got a full service of all digital channels available to us.

It's well worth checking the 3 plugs. I found one on the amplifier with the earth/screen loose.

Moron "electricians" are prone to making a complete hash of co-ax cable. Often not soldering the inner wire, which works, until it tarnishes then you are in trouble.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back