Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just a few words.

I would like to thank Jackomet, (Jack at Camping Marjal) For being there for me and to thank all you lovely people for your kind words in the thread he put on regarding my son..

And especially to the many P.M`s I have received..

We left Marjal about 4-30pm Spainish time, I drove non stop to Calais and managed to get the next ferry out which was on P & O, 143 Euros, :Eeek: Kia Picanto are not the comfy`est car for a long drag 20 something hours,,, Got home about 11pm last night.

Went to bed but up again an hour later,,Cannot think straight,, Think it all boils down to the fact we knew a week or so before we left for Spain that the marriage was having problems, and he was going to stay at our house,, Spose rattling around this bloody great place on your own and knowing your 4 kiddies are only half a mile away was to much for him,, We should never have left the poor little sod on his own,,

I am starting to ramble,, so again a huge thankyou.

Regards
Maurice...

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Probably the toughest time of your life Mo. All i can say is hang in there.

Guilt is inevitable but this was not your fault.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
So glad to hear you are home safely, admittedly I was a little worried about you having to drive that very long journey in such sad circumstances.

You and Judy are very strong people. Try to focus on the happy times and whatever you do, just remember it isnt your fault xxxx

You have my number and are welcome to phone any time day or night.

Best wishes to both of you

Gail

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Maurice

We're so glad you're home safe n sound, but it is clear (and to be expected) that you are going through all sorts of emotions. I think most of us would feel the same.

I am not going to offer you any advise other than to say, 'Please seek professional help from people who have experience of your situation'. I'm sure all of us on Fun send our deepest sympathy, but this whilst nice is probably not what you need.

Please don't be a typical british male, proud and hanging on in quiet desperation, these people are there for your support, but you have to invite them in.

May God be with you at this awful time.

Graham & Kay

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Just a few words.

I would like to thank Jackomet, (Jack at Camping Marjal) For being there for me and to thank all you lovely people for your kind words in the thread he put on regarding my son..

And especially to the many P.M`s I have received..

We left Marjal about 4-30pm Spainish time, I drove non stop to Calais and managed to get the next ferry out which was on P & O, 143 Euros, :Eeek: Kia Picanto are not the comfy`est car for a long drag 20 something hours,,, Got home about 11pm last night.

Went to bed but up again an hour later,,Cannot think straight,, Think it all boils down to the fact we knew a week or so before we left for Spain that the marriage was having problems, and he was going to stay at our house,, Spose rattling around this bloody great place on your own and knowing your 4 kiddies are only half a mile away was to much for him,, We should never have left the poor little sod on his own,,

I am starting to ramble,, so again a huge thankyou.

Regards
Maurice...
You can ramble on all you like Maurice,WE are all here for you at a time like this.
Pete and Shirl are here if you need us.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Maurice

We're so glad you're home safe n sound, but it is clear (and to be expected) that you are going through all sorts of emotions. I think most of us would feel the same.

I am not going to offer you any advise other than to say, 'Please seek professional help from people who have experience of your situation'. I'm sure all of us on Fun send our deepest sympathy, but this whilst nice is probably not what you need.

Please don't be a typical british male, proud and hanging on in quiet desperation, these people are there for your support, but you have to invite them in.

May God be with you at this awful time.

Graham & Kay

a very well written post with lots of good advice
I am so glad you got home safely god bless you all at this most difficult of times

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
From Majal

Maurice
Thank heavans you got back OK, Tricia and I were so worried about you and that long journey.
IF is a big word, if I did this, if I did that. We have kids and they have their our separate lives and unfortunately we can only hold their hands for so long.

I hope you and your family get through this OK.
You have our thoughts in this most difficult time.

BTW we will keep an eye on your rig whenever we go for a BBQ, which means, if you remember our last conversation when you tricked us into going to the BBQ, is never.
John and Tricia

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We've never met, but that does'nt stop us from thinking about you in your time of sorrow.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Our thoughts are with you both, please also take care of yourselves.

Love Pat and Neil

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Maurice and Judy,
glad you got home safely as a 20 odd hour drive when your mind is elsewhere cant be easy,

self guilt and 'what if's' are inevitable but please remember, your son was a grown man and you werent responsible for his unfortunate death.

as Graham (blisters) said seek professional councilling and dont bottle up your feelings. easy to say i know, but you'll be able to start the grieving period so much sooner.

stay strong for Judy and our sympathies are with you.

john and shirl

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I dont have the words to describe my deepest feelings of regret and sorrow in what is probabley your darkest time.

Please look after yourselves and stay by each others side.

Jim

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Maurice if rambling helps then ramble.
There's always someone here to listen.

.....nige

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Though we have never met, our thoughts are with you at this time.

Please take Blisters advice, at this time it can be a great help to you and your wife.

May God be with in your hour of need.
Our thoughts are with you always.

Dave & Joan

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The only thing you can do is talk it out, and doing so on a forum is one of the best ways to do it, so keep it coming

We should never have left the poor little sod on his own,,

Now come on.. You know that is not true. Blaming your self for anything is not going to help anyone and is simply a fib..
It is NOT your fault and no matter how much you think you could have done something the truth is different.

It is easy to apportion blame and look for reasons, but it is no help folks. Look instead at what you can do to help the wee 'uns left behind. They are going to need guidance.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
our deepest condolances once again, & relieaved you got back safe, as other have said its good to talk both to friends, and profeshional counclers

lhasa

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Where ever
Funster No
MH
winnebago
Exp
28years
old-mo;21642 I would like to thank Jackomet said:
glad you got back safe dont worry about bus we will keep eye on it have put awning away as windy. all the best Pat & John x

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Very sorry to hear your news, Lynn and I send you and yours all our sympathies at this sad time. peter

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
glad you got back safe dont worry about bus we will keep eye on it have put awning away as windy. all the best Pat & John x

Thanks to you both,, You are terrific neighbours.

I have to go and identify my son tomorrow,due to the fact it was a suicide,,, and the funeral will be next Monday..

I think we are going to see if we can get to come back the end of next week.

I cannot see any point in staying here any longer than nessesary,

I think it will be best for Judy and I to spend time at xmas with friends,

Again Thankyou Pat & John, And welcome to the funsters.
And all others for your condolences. & PM`s.

Regards
Maurice, Judy & Paul..

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
why O why did you put yourself though such a long drive...under the circumstances it could have been dangerous. you should have taken a flight......

I cant believe this is happening to you, even though we have never meet I know you are a lovely chap, I will not forget with your offers support and kindness when I was was thinking of solo trip to Marjal.

I am so sorry for you and your family.

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Words are not enough to give you any comfort, one day the pain may lessen but you will never forget him

Thoughts and prayers are with you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back