Truma heater failed to light but cured itself (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We came to use the Truma gas heater a few days ago and I could not get it to light, it has a compression igniter.

I checked that I had a spark at the connection tab on the compression unit and that was ok, I took of the inspection window and lit it manually and it worked, so I thought that it might be a problems with the cable feed to the sparking gap but as the access to that was under the MH I decided to just leave the heater running put it back together and sort it another day.

After 3 or 4 hours the heater was not needed so I turned it off and out of curiosity tried to light it again and it worked!!!

I have come to the conclusion that as it was 6 or 7 months since it was last used some muck or metal corrosion has fallen on the sparking rod and interfered with the spark and the flames had burnt away what ever was coursing the problem.

Doug...

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:roflmto: I had the same problem with our old Kontiki. Not tried the Suntor yet. Not been needed as we are in the Newmar for the Winter. :Cool:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Sorry to hear of your heater problems. A friend of mine with his 15 month old Autocruise has, this week, had his 5th heater renewed/repaired. In two cases he has had to travel from Liverpool to Derby (Truma) to have it repaired.
Over the 15 month period he has now covered over 1250 miles for so called warranty work. The vehicle is the biggest heap of junk he has ever owned with new habitation doors (2) , control panels, shower doors, resprays to hint of only the major failures.
The frustrating thing is they will not even give him a tank of fuel. So much for the new Swift owners who are very deaf and are trying to learn how to spell "Customer Service. Maybe when they can do that and learn the meaning we can get some satisfaction.
Wiljoy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Doug
not had that prob, but the fridge on the last van did that but was all OK the next day :thumb:never did know what caused it. Pete

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Sorry to hear of your heater problems. A friend of mine with his 15 month old Autocruise has, this week, had his 5th heater renewed/repaired. In two cases he has had to travel from Liverpool to Derby (Truma) to have it repaired.
Over the 15 month period he has now covered over 1250 miles for so called warranty work. The vehicle is the biggest heap of junk he has ever owned with new habitation doors (2) , control panels, shower doors, resprays to hint of only the major failures.
The frustrating thing is they will not even give him a tank of fuel. So much for the new Swift owners who are very deaf and are trying to learn how to spell "Customer Service. Maybe when they can do that and learn the meaning we can get some satisfaction.
Wiljoy:thumb:

I wish I had the money to afford a Judicial review into the products that they sell!!!

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back