Very New to Motorhome Ownership!! (1 Viewer)

Sunnydays

Free Member
Nov 9, 2009
Rural Devon nr Crediton
Funster No
MH
Mercedes (1980)
Exp
Not very long - just started
Hi everyone, I am the proud owner of a new (to me) very old Motorhome!!::bigsmile: Wanted one for years, and now have a 1980 Mercedes. Went out at the weekned, sharp learning curve, the children got very wet pushing her up the Devon hills.......bless:cry:, but we all got home in the end! It's going to be fun, if the weather ever breaks that is, and we can work out how everything works! :Doh:Can't wait to stay out for the first night, next weekend hopefully. Is it really, really sad to give your motorhome a name.......? I'm not owning up if it is!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Sunnydays and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Come on let us know the name of your motorhome.:winky:
flyingwelcome

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Motorhome Names

Hi and Welcome To FUN :thumb:

We named our Motorhome VERA wanted a traditional name and tried out many amongst our friends and that was the one that stuck. I think most people refer to their van by a name so you should be pround that She/He has a place in your home.
We try to use our van every weekend as well, in the winter we use Caravan Club sites as find them better value when you are pumping out the electric but in the summer we use the CL or CS sites that only take 5 vans.Our favorite last year was only £3 per night -great value or what?
Hope you have lots of fun times on your travels - Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Welcome to The Fun, we are due some Sunnydays.

There was a thread on vav's having names not so long ago, so let's hear it.:winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and WELCOME :thumb: lots of people name there vans :thumb:we even name the sat-nav :ROFLMAO: either Connie or Scary Mary depending on who she shouts at :ROFLMAO: and the route she sends us on :ROFLMAO:It makes no odds on how old or new the van is - The most important thing is Enjoy
terry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Welcome to the forum, hope you have many happy travels in your new toy.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is it really, really sad to give your motorhome a name.......? I'm not owning up if it is!

Only if you call it

Uberdemhillsundaveyvegomitdeskindspushing.

We called ours Harvey - you can't worse than that.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Welcome Sunnydays!

Ours is called Denise ( as in Denise Van Outen [outing!!]):Smile:
Our sat nav is Basil ( we've got John Cleese on it!):Smile:

OK so we're stupid - don't care!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Welcome to motorhome fun.

You and the children will have a great time no matter what the weather.

Look out for the motorhome meets

The one at Stratford upon Avon is during the school holidays this year and well worth attending

OP
OP
S

Sunnydays

Free Member
Nov 9, 2009
Rural Devon nr Crediton
Funster No
MH
Mercedes (1980)
Exp
Not very long - just started
The van name is....

Well, my daughter decided that she was similar to a tortoise (not because she is a sedate old lady but because she has a home on her back) (groan). However, try as we might, we couldn't think of a name for that rhymed with tortoise. I suggested turtleish names, and we came up with.... Myrtle the Turtle'. Then it got really silly ---- "shall we all go for a hurtle in Myrtle". Not much hurtling though, more of a sedate plod - should have stuck with tortoise!!

And, I hadn't even considered a name for the sat-nav - that'll be tonight's sleepless night. Hours of harmless fun!

Thank for all your replies, Claire
:ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Sunnydays!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

WELCOME to MH Fun.

Why not give your motorhome a name, Ours is known as the pram and follows in a line of prams. The reason is lost in the past.

Don't worry at age just enjoy.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, from another Devon funster with a Merc. (see my avatar) 1981 508D Newlander. I am in Ilfracombe, do let me know if you need any help.
Also for my sins I am Marshal for two local shows/rallies
Link Removed
Carmarthen is the first, click on above link. Ian April followed by Shepton Mallet in September. Do come along and meet at lot of the Southern contingent and some from overseas.
We also have a chatroom here, I tend to live there in the evenings just drop in for a chat anytime
My van by the way is the Beast.
7d8bb0f6.gif

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
Welcome to the Fun. If your kids enjoy it half as much as ours do then you all will have so much fun:)

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Welcome from another new member:thumb:
Well you are not as new has us we have not got one yet, :cry:but it will not stop us enjoying what others get up to in theirs and reading about it on here and until we get ours we will just have to enjoy it second hand.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Welcome to the fun:thumb:

Ours is Voortrekker 1 and the sat nav is.....Mavis:Doh:

We are out in ours as often as possible only had it since September off to Spain on the 19th for 2 weeks - you will have a ball::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi everyone, I am the proud owner of a new (to me) very old Motorhome!!::bigsmile: Wanted one for years, and now have a 1980 Mercedes. Went out at the weekned, sharp learning curve, the children got very wet pushing her up the Devon hills.......bless:cry:, but we all got home in the end! It's going to be fun, if the weather ever breaks that is, and we can work out how everything works! :Doh:Can't wait to stay out for the first night, next weekend hopefully. Is it really, really sad to give your motorhome a name.......? I'm not owning up if it is!

Hiya,
were new to motorhoming too. Everyone seems so friendly on here.
So new that we haven't even got ours yet :Blush: pick her up on the 18 th Dec . Cant wait. We are out for a week over the New Year. Might manage a weekend first though. To get used to all the bits n pieces !
Shes already been christened by the kids though.
Mizzy. :thumb:
Bev

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome Sunnydays... You have many brilliant motorhome fun days (and nights) in front of you. Enjoy

JJ

Mine is called The Wagon (sometimes known as The Black Beast) (It goes faster than Wildman's ordinary Beast!!!)

mythor

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
one year and six months
Hi and welcome
Our motor home is called Morague it just slipped out of husbend's mouth one day as he was going for a very short walk after his triple by pass so I did'nt change it . As for the Sat Nav if I call it anything it usually is something I could not print on here. But enjoy you will have great fun. ::bigsmile:
mythor

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and Welcome, wishing you lots of happy travelling in "whatever you call yours". We havent named ours but when the newness wears of we will have a private plate with PEG in it, after my late mum.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hello and welcome to FUN

We do not see enough of you in this part of the world, WHAT do you mean we have never met?

I was talking about your username "Sunnydays" :ROFLMAO: :thumb:

Good choice of name

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months