Should motorhomes or RV's tow? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
After a long discussion on A frames just wondering if it's safe to tow anything with a motorhome or RV.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I did tow this 4 slide out 5th wheel to auction with a Dodge F450 5.3 ltr Cumming diesel with twin rear wheels and it was really not man enough and bounced all the way.

Also could only do small turns as the platform was not long enough to cope.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

BTW:- The 5th wheel was 1995 and enormous but only made only $8000.

The electrics were well dodgy though:Doh:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
H John, can't see why not as long as the tow vehicle is man enough and the driver is competent. When I was in the army they ran courses teaching us how to tow safely. We used to have a road to the officers mess with two bad bends on it and it ended in a small roundabout. They put us in a 3 ton bedford (actually 5 and 1/2 tons designated 3 to permit us to drive it) with a two ton steered trailer on :Eeek:`and we had to reverse down the road, round the roundabout and back up. When we mastered this they would then put another trailer :Eeek: on and we learned how to do this. Agreed the army had the time, manpower and money to devote to this, but it was a great way to learn. ::bigsmile:
Don't know if I could do it now though, that was 1965!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the way we used to do skid training on the barrack square when it was covered in packed snow. Great fun and a great way to learn safely. ::bigsmile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
After a long discussion on A frames just wondering if it's safe to tow anything with a motorhome or RV.

:Cool: We have just had a newcomer arrive on camp. He damaged his 'A' frame connection on his car when he tried to reverse it. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
We have just had a newcomer arrive on camp. He damaged his 'A' frame connection on his car when he tried to reverse it.

Blooming newcomers:roflmto:

Mind you i have damaged various things:Doh:we all do dont we?:winky:

Been there & done that but NEVER stop learning:winky: (and I have learnt a lot from you John:winky: and will always be greatful:thumb:)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back