Help With a Lock/Clasp Please (1 Viewer)

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Folks.

Im trying to source a supplier for a couple of what I would call cantilever locks (like you get on a tool box see picture) but ive seen them with a more springy clasp and on a bigger scale.

Anyone know
A. What they are called and??
B. Where i can buy em from???

Many thanks as always :thumb:

Attachments

• Cantilver Lock.jpg
    Cantilver Lock.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 12

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
The only place I have seen something like is B&Q not certain if they are bigger though.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Folks.

Im trying to source a supplier for a couple of what I would call cantilever locks (like you get on a tool box see picture) but ive seen them with a more springy clasp and on a bigger scale.

Anyone know

Hi Dazzer, try Screwfix.com - Power Tools, Electrical, Plumbing Supplies & more item 15443-99 is a Toggle pack of 10, £4.88 plus postage
otherwise try B&Q or local ironmonger

Larry

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks for that guys but the one im looking for is the heavy duty type not the toolbox sort. The ones ive seen have a thick springy hook and are much bigger than the one on the photo. :Doh:

Anyone know the correct name of them so i can hunt on the web??? :winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Folks.

Anyone know

Dazzer
I am a retired Joiner, I have put a few lockable latches that are on ebay for you....is that what you are looking for, they also made heavy duty brass latches for indoor cabinets.
I hope I have been of some help to you....and yes we would fit them on our tool chest

Mel
Link Removed

Link Removed

http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunks/howto/parts/locks.htm

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-ph...eerage-suitcase.php?id=10592875&SearchLang=EN

Link Removed

http://www.shenandoahrestoration.com/hardware4.html

is there enough for you ....... Mel

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Dazzer, try Emka.
I have sent you a PM
Link Removed

Andy

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Dazzer
The type of kit you need can be got HERE they supply just that kind of clasp for recovery vehicle lockers etc
Im on a mobile conection and extreamly slow otherwise id have found a direct link for you
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dazzer
The type of kit you need can be got HERE they supply just that kind of clasp for recovery vehicle lockers etc
Im on a mobile conection and extreamly slow otherwise id have found a direct link for you
Geo

just pay yer phone bill Geo...you know it makes sense...:winky::roflmto:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
John Im sat in the RV in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the Derbyshire Dales playing with me dongle :Blush::Eeek:
If this post belongs in the belly locker Tuff:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Dazzer
I am a retired Joiner, I have put a few lockable latches that are on ebay for you....is that what you are looking for, they also made heavy duty brass latches for indoor cabinets.
I hope I have been of some help to you....and yes we would fit them on our tool chest

Mel
Link Removed

Link Removed

Locks for Antique Trunks

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Luggage Trunk Latch Buckle Antique Steerage Suitcase | Royalty Free Stock Photo Image | iStockphoto.com

Link Removed

Shenandoah Antique trunk hardware - Trunk locks, drawbolts,keys, wrought iron locks, brass plated

is there enough for you ....... Mel

Blimey :Eeek::Eeek:

Im a bit spoilt for choice now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But thanks ever so much for all the effort. :thumb:::bigsmile: Any reason why all the suppliers are in the USA??

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dazzer, tow sure have some a bit more industrial ones in the 2009 cat page 244 no 24 25.they call them spring fastner and catch plate. 2.65 or 3.35 pounds.

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks ever so much to all that helped me find the latches :thumb:
The correct name seems to be "Over Centre Catch" and they are on trailer building sites and ebay for about £6-10 pair.

Link Removed

Great work all give yourselves a gold star and couple of Brownie points :thumb:::bigsmile::winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Blimey :Eeek::Eeek:

Im a bit spoilt for choice now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But thanks ever so much for all the effort. :thumb:::bigsmile: Any reason why all the suppliers are in the USA??

Hi Dazzer......No particular reason it is just that I shop on a lot of different eBays around the world, I go on, French eBay, German eBay, Belgium eBay, United states of America eBay, China eBay, Hong Kong eBay, Ireland eBay, and of coarse United Kingdom eBay.
I know what I want and if the price is right I will buy.

I thought I had also sent some UK ebay numbers.....................Sorry…. I apologise
I did not realise you only used the UK Ebay
Mel

I was trying to find as many different clasps for you and the USA sell and use a lot

Last edited:
OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Dazzer......No particular reason it is just that I shop on a lot of different eBays around the world, I go on, French eBay, German eBay, Belgium eBay, United states of America eBay, China eBay, Hong Kong eBay, Ireland eBay, and of coarse United Kingdom eBay.
I know what I want and if the price is right I will buy.

I thought I had also sent some UK ebay numbers.....................Sorry…. I apologise
I did not realise you only used the UK Ebay
Mel

I was trying to find as many different clasps for you and the USA sell and use a lot

No problem at all thanks :thumb: once again for all your efforts. I thought maybe you were in the USA. I do use USA Ebay a lot (especially for bits and pieces for the truck) but the cost of postage and the inevitable slapping they give you for import duty and vat makes it an expensive way to go :cry:).

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
No problem at all thanks :thumb: once again for all your efforts. I thought maybe you were in the USA. I do use USA Ebay a lot (especially for bits and pieces for the truck) but the cost of postage and the inevitable slapping they give you for import duty and vat makes it an expensive way to go :cry:).

I know what you mean about the duty, but there are many parts I have had buy from USA for my chain saws as there were nowhere else I could have purchased the parts

Mel

good luck with your project

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back