Free Member
Oct 19, 2008
Nr Newark, Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
6 years (25yrs tugging!)
Prompted by friends sitting on another site (and usually falling out with each other):ROFLMAO: I thought I would share the commonly held view there of how wonderful Swift are.

Yep, as an ardent Autotrail fan (a marque i have never had any trouble with hence my previous enthusiasm) I have decided I've been missing out on what must be a wonderful feeling of having a troublesome motorhome attended to by a superb after sales service team.:winky:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
In all our m/homing years we have always had Swift,::bigsmile: they have never let us down, a few recalls but that was Fiat's faults:cry:, although we did have one problem:Doh:, we found a leak on the roof window, and both Johnscross and Swift done us proud:thumb:, because we live in our m/h Swift put us up in a hotel and give us a retail car for the duration of the repairs:RollEyes:. And when we go to Johncross shop we always get a lovely welcome, always get a cup of coffee and chat with staff, who treat us like old friends:thumb:.
Ray n Geri

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Most new gear like this will have a hick up or two or twenty.But the most satisfying thing is the manufacture does give a smell . When buying our last van the final detail was how far the dealer or warranty repair place was away from our door step.

The answer is about 200 miles each way if the other dealer had the same offer as the one i bought it off it would have been 150 miles,

The other brands were even further away.

Thats one of the reasons i gave Swift my money, and they do also keep a big eye on what the public think.

I could have bought German. Some or a lot of these units come with Truma boliers.
Truma are the only reason my swift van has been back to the dealers four times now at a cost of 80 odd £ a go but if it solves the problem im happy.

Im not grudging for or against the manufacture but just saying perfection comes at a big price out of reach from most of us i'm afraid.

Just look at the poor paint work on a new Rolls Royce against any older model, orange peal affect you'll know it if you see it. All that money spent and you get a robot finish as you would on a new Ka.

Believe me if you want to see bad customer service from the factory you ought to of had a few TVR's google speed six if your interested, I had three over three years the second one went up in flames two months into ownership. I could have rung Peter Wheeler if i wished but a call to my insurers would and was to be more proactive .

I don't think it matters what you spend or on what some times shit happens and that's the way it is just perceiver and get over it.

And if you like what you have enjoy it and sort the niggles when they arise .

A good sense of humour will be required when owning any of the vehicles mentioned.

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
In all our m/homing years we have always had Swift,::bigsmile: they have never let us down, a few recalls but that was Fiat's faults:cry:, although we did have one problem:Doh:, we found a leak on the roof window, and both Johnscross and Swift done us proud:thumb:, because we live in our m/h Swift put us up in a hotel and give us a retail car for the duration of the repairs:RollEyes:. And when we go to Johncross shop we always get a lovely welcome, always get a cup of coffee and chat with staff, who treat us like old friends:thumb:.
Ray n Geri

thats what i call very good service :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave, if you came over and posted this as a troll, expecting to cause the type of fallout you have seen on Facts;:swear::swear::swear: I'm sure you'll be disappointed.::bigsmile: There might be a bit of debate but none of the vitriol and insults. Were a little more chilled over here:moon: ::bigsmile:

Prompted by friends sitting on another site (and usually falling out with each other):ROFLMAO: I thought I would share the commonly held view there of how wonderful Swift are.

Yep, as an ardent Autotrail fan (a marque i have never had any trouble with hence my previous enthusiasm) I have decided I've been missing out on what must be a wonderful feeling of having a troublesome motorhome attended to by a superb after sales service team.:winky:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
A new 'post' every few days. Almost seems planned doesn't it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Its only cause
they cant post on that other place
similar remarks
thats the fun bit on here
post what u like
and funny or sensible we still abstract the yellow stuff

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
My motorhome is a Swift, I have had it for 10 years and have been very pleased with the layout and overall build quality. If I ever decided to change it I would buy another Swift, the one I really fancy is the Kontiki, but I have no plans at the moment to change it.

The only problems I have had have been with the Fiat part, but I have covered over 100,000 miles in the 10 years I have owned it and it is not unreasonable for things to go wrong from time to time.

Phil.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back