bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, who else has to think which side the filler cap is on every time they fill up with Diesel / Petrol or LPG.:Doh: We are lucky with this van as the Diesel and LPG are on the same side, along with a very close WATER filler cap.:Doh: You have to keep your thinking head on, it would be so easy to fill the water tank with Diesel.:cry:

Then you pull in in your car and its on the other side.:Doh:

I always back up and go the other side of the pump.::bigsmile:

But I have seen people, stretch the hose over the boot.............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moADtDoK6dQ]YouTube - idiotka[/ame]

:whatthe:Bob. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi, who else has to think which side the filler cap is on every time they fill up with Diesel / Petrol or LPG.:Doh:
Nobody should really have to think about it once they have owned the vehicle a few weeks. When you do make a change, or drive someone elses vehicle you are not used to, yes I can understand the confusion.

The simple answer with cars is drive big and you will have to sit in the queue.
Drive small and you can upset all the tossers sitting waiting and watching as you can fill yours whatever side of the pump you draw up at.::bigsmile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
why don't you look at your dashboard ?
the little diagram shows which side of the pump you need the hose to be , doesn't it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
why don't you look at your dashboard ?
the little diagram shows which side of the pump you need the hose to be , doesn't it?

This is an urban myth. As I understand it, this works most of the time, but it doesn't work on my wife's Punto, or my daughters Honda Jazz.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have to think very hard when pulling onto a forecourt.....

hilux is right hand center, diesel.

corsa is right hand rear, petrol

kontiki is left hand front, diesel.

corsa and kontiki arent too bad but the hilux HAS to be on the correct side.

not only the side problem but also the right fuel.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
or drive a large RV with LPG fillers on both sides really upset the tossers by filling both sides at once.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A bit of basic logic tells me that thirty odd foot of 'truck', not to mention the width, just isn't quite going to squeeze through the same gaps as a 10 x 4.5ft car.:RollEyes:
Good fun to watch you try though PJ:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In cars I'm always having to think which side. :Doh: But never in the RV - Ive spent so many hours standing, moist eyed, next to the filler cap its ingrained.

Dangerous place though forecourts. watch what happens to this poor bugger

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il6606G_QrM"]YouTube - Petrol Station crash[/ame]

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
i have to think very hard when pulling onto a forecourt.....

hilux is right hand center, diesel.

corsa is right hand rear, petrol

kontiki is left hand front, diesel.

corsa and kontiki arent too bad but the hilux HAS to be on the correct side.

not only the side problem but also the right fuel.

What about the bike:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
In cars I'm always having to think which side. :Doh: But never in the RV - Ive spent so many hours standing, moist eyed, next to the filler cap its ingrained.

Dangerous place though forecourts. watch what happens to this poor bugger

YouTube - Petrol Station crash

Not really a poor bugger Jim should have been paying attention and not playing pocket billards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (or that too off topic :Doh:)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A bit of basic logic tells me that thirty odd foot of 'truck', not to mention the width, just isn't quite going to squeeze through the same gaps as a 10 x 4.5ft car.:RollEyes:
Good fun to watch you try though PJ:ROFLMAO:

my suggestion is to pull up in the center of the pumps, preferably at the first set, and use a fuel hose in both sides....
effectively blocking both rows of pumps.

then watch the look on the other drivers faces.:winky:

it was meant 'tongue in cheek' mate. :Doh:

but hang on a minute......i can pass/pull up next to and get in front of cars being fuelled on my van at 24ft x 7ft 6" and still have plenty of room to get out so another 6ft length and 6" to 8" width isnt gioing to make a ha'porth of difference.

please feel free to lend me a 30ft RV then come and watch.:ROFLMAO:

if you are a confident driver this should be no problem....if you are a crap driver then dont drive an RV.::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
my suggestion is to pull up in the center of the pumps, preferably at the first set, and use a fuel hose in both sides....effectively blocking both rows of pumps.

then watch the look on the other drivers faces.:winky:
Once saw a guy get the door ripped off his shiny new car doing just this.
Nobody had any sympathy for the bolshie bugger as he'd brought it all on himself.

but hang on a minute......i can pass/pull up next to and get in front of cars being fuelled on my van at 24ft x 7ft 6" and still have plenty of room to get out so another 6ft length and 6" to 8" width isnt gioing to make a ha'porth of difference.
Bring it over to Morrisons at Shrewsbury.
I'll stand 'n watch you reshape yer front end on the brick wall.......specifically there for the plonkers who think they can simply barge a truck in 'n out of anywhere. :roflmto:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I was towing a compressor years ago, when I worked for the Water Board. :Smile: The wheel came off it and came by me and I was doing 60mph, I don't think it hit anything, :whatthe:but we never did find the wheel,::bigsmile: they had to send a lorry with a hi-ab on to pick it up...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On our last van the Diesel was on the nearside and LPG filler on the offside, that was fun in the garage, with the toad on the back.:Doh: ::bigsmile: Bob.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bring it over to Morrisons at Shrewsbury.
I'll stand 'n watch you reshape yer front end on the brick wall........ :roflmto:

yeah but morrisons have always built their forecourts for london taxi's only....25ft turning circle :Angry:
sometimes have trouble getting the hilux off the pumps let alone the van so i go to sainsbury's instead....and up here they're usually cheaper :thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
When I bought my Winni all my friends said "You'll never get it round the roads in the UK!"

My answer is simple...........How do you think buses cope as they weave in and out of the estates and roads here?

Usually shuts them up lol!

If I have a problem getting out of a garage then I stop and ask someone to help :Doh:

I have gas fillers on off side and petrol on near side so I s'pose if there was 2 of me I could fill up both fuels at once lol!

Boo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back