2010 Arapaho Ceiling Extractor Fan (1 Viewer)

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Hi All

During our recent vacation in France the ceiling mounted extractor fan decided to pack up on us, its still live as when I touch the power button the led lights flash instead of turning the fan on.

We have a 2010 Autotrail Arapaho if it makes any difference for reference.

Typically I just went into the home to take a picture to show you all which fan we have and it intermittently started and stopped, then on pushing the power again started no problem at all !! :mad:

It almost seems pointless writing this post as its working again, but I thought I would see if there are any others experiencing any problems with this unit and whether there is any need for replacement, parts, maintenance etc. I cant seem to find any information on brand/model etc.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks .. John

Attachments

• IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 44

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Hi John,

is your fan still working ? The reason for asking is, we started our 2010 Chieftan up whilst on hook up and had the same problem with the fan, on pushing the start button it just kept flashing across the forward and reverse lights. Probably nothing to do with starting up on hook up, but would be interested if you found anything out ?

Mark & Anne.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Slim chance it may just have some sh** on the spindle / motor. Might be worth a shot of silicon spray. Just to see..

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Does the lid need to be up on these fans for them to run, I know ours does. If it does it could be a sticking sensor?

Martin

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
fans need regular cleaning and lubrication. the lights flashing indicates a stuck motor spindle

OP
OP
John&Kate

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Hi John,

is your fan still working ? The reason for asking is, we started our 2010 Chieftan up whilst on hook up and had the same problem with the fan, on pushing the start button it just kept flashing across the forward and reverse lights. Probably nothing to do with starting up on hook up, but would be interested if you found anything out ?

Mark & Anne.

Hi Mark & Anne

Not been in the MH for a couple of weeks but last time I did it started 1st time, stopped it then started again but it whent into error with the flashing lights. This was under 12v.
I will be going in the MH in next couple of days and will report back.

Thanks .. John

OP
OP
John&Kate

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
fans need regular cleaning and lubrication. the lights flashing indicates a stuck motor spindle

Thanks for the advise, as replied to Mark & Anne I will be going into MH to check up on things and will look at the motor a bit further as it intermitently starts/errors.

Thanks .. John

RobboCFC

Free Member
Jul 31, 2021
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Our extractor fan external roof cover has totally disintegrated, every time I try to lift it a piece of plastic breaks off, that bad, does anyone know if you can buy just the cover or if it's a sealed unit please?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for the advise, as replied to Mark & Anne I will be going into MH to check up on things and will look at the motor a bit further as it intermitently starts/errors.

Thanks .. John
It's a very common fault on the circuit board. Ours did the same and eventually wouldn't come on at all. The new boards are about ÂŁ80 but will probably fail again.

I bought a speed controller module on ebay for about 6 quid, been great ever since, there's a thread on it somewhere I'll see if I can find it 🤔

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.