A FRAMES,, (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
See in this months MMM there are two articles about motorhomes being pulled up with A frames. One in Spain which was already posted on here ,,the other quell surprise in France,,,thought you were ok there. BUSBY,,

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Just returned from 4 weeks in France. Only saw cars on trailers being towed behind motorhomes. Not one A frame.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Can I use an A frame in Spain as long as I have my grey water tap open?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Can I use an A frame in Spain as long as I have my grey water tap open?
Yes of course you can, don't believe all the scare mongers on here, go ahead and enjoy your trip without worry. (y)
Just don't attach your toad to it though.........

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The 'Swiss Tony's' were trying to do a roaring trade at Peterborough.

"Making love to a beautiful woman in a car park is just like towing with an A Frame"
"You couple up from the rear and just when you think it's going great, a copper comes along and spoils your fun".

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How about removing the fuse for the ECU so it does n't go and claim it is broken down, even demonstrate it.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Loath as I am to revive such a dangerous topic...

I'm on El Raco in Benidorm where there must be a dozen folk using A Frames...including, unusually, a Dutchman on the next pitch to me.

So that's one site in one Spanish town...how many A Frames might there be currently in Spain?

Just wondering...like :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Suppose you dare risk it if you both can drive but bit of a bummer if only one drives and you get pulled,,Still think if you need a car tugging is the sensible option,,,,BUSBY,,,

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
As my car is FAR more economical than the van . I THOUGHT about, putting the 'A' frame on the van and pulling THAT, with the car it seems to save a lot of money that way around and the Police would not notice.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
We only tow an A-Frame so we have somewhere to sleep at night. That way we can be sure we won't get gassed in the motorhome (y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Loath as I am to revive such a dangerous topic...

I'm on El Raco in Benidorm where there must be a dozen folk using A Frames...including, unusually, a Dutchman on the next pitch to me.

So that's one site in one Spanish town...how many A Frames might there be currently in Spain?

Just wondering...like :rolleyes:.

There's 30945 but 30943 owners are in jail .........

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
As my car is FAR more economical than the van . I THOUGHT about, putting the 'A' frame on the van and pulling THAT, with the car it seems to save a lot of money that way around and the Police would not notice.
I forgot to ask is there a motorhome that does not have a heavy engine in it so that I could pull it easier with the car???? that would make it a lot more economical still. I could even leave it parked up somewhere while I drive off to see the sites.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I forgot to ask is there a motorhome that does not have a heavy engine in it so that I could pull it easier with the car???? that would make it a lot more economical still. I could even leave it parked up somewhere while I drive off to see the sites.

Yes..its called a caravan,,BUSBY:D:D

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
How about? Using the Gas on the Espaniol Mr Plod?. (Please Mr Policeman examine my car which is full of Nitrous oxide). And then do a bunk?. OR buy a banger and when told to not tow it, just abandon it?. Would you get done for littering?.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I know the obvious answer, a large plywood box to over the car (Smart size ) so all that is shown is the wheels, paint it put some windows on it and say it is a caravan, It would only need a few brackets and could even fold and put in the garage. I could go into production, they say where there is a demand there is money to be lost.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back