Rodents (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
that should come under fully comp insurance but the claim may turn out expensive in future premiums.

theres always a company somewhere that will insure against all and any risks, just finding one is the problem ..and at a price. :Angry:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi John
i read somewhere that a tugger had his wires to his auto gearbox bitten through while on a site, and it cost him to be fixed. i don't know about your enquiry but it shows it can happen. Pete:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This usually works and doesn,t affect your no claims

Attachments

• DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 77

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi John
i read somewhere that a tugger had his wires to his auto gearbox bitten through while on a site, and it cost him to be fixed. i don't know about your enquiry but it shows it can happen. Pete:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Happened to a Warden on a site in Scotland, they did quite a bit of damage to the wiring in their motorhome while on site. Cost quite a few pounds to put right. They only found it when they came to move at the end of season.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Don't think so. We had a family in our Autotrail when we had it on storage on a farm we even took them to Paignton on holiday some 150 miles. we had acorns under the bunks and loads of sponge bits under the drivers seat put traps down the B-----s even took the chocolate off the traps. We were the sites entertainment every morning a crowd gathered to to see if the traps caught anything. But I had the blighter's I melted the chocolate on the traps and Hey Presto GOT THEM. Needless to say on the way home we called into Cheslton Motorhomes and changed the Autotrail for a Burstner which we can keep at home.
Maureen

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
our insurance is several mouse poison sachets left in the lockers and out of the way places behind units inside-------------some people say that a body rotting in the RV would be unbearable, but we have been attacked by rodents in the past---------we will take the chance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the bait is still intact up to now!!!!!!!!!
Nigel & Pamala

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have taken mice to maroc twice .i,m sure they live in the boxes of wine from lidl. bacon rind on the traps i find works best. took one over and back got him /her when outside gib .its journey ended . didnt do alot of damage but kept eating potatoes n tomatoes. must have been a veggie mouse. ha ha

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you look closely at the photo I put on, Roland rat was just sinking his teeth into some bacon rind . I put the trap in the tree because he was nicking the bird food.

My Humane Killer

Attachments

• annie Oakley.jpg
    annie Oakley.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Have had great fun trying to blast the little critters with the 12 bore, only problem is now does anybody know how to fill holes in the furniture and wardrobes.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Read my earlier post, put them in the trap first, then creep up and shoot them :thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I have seen insurance policies that specifically ban rodent damage claims but have never seen one that allows them, but as a previous poster said you can get cover for most things at a cost.:Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi vindiboy .you are speaking to the grand djalaba .come forward and identify your self. i have seen a namementioned but only have a vague idea who you might be. i cant hide anywhere with my truck every body knows it. hello who ever you are. inshallah.

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
rats and mice like a saucer of antifreeze with somebait in it. do not use if foxes or hedge hogs nearby as they like it too.

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
We have had dry provisions plundered in the past, when laid up but as above we also now leave out a drink of antifreeze when MH is not in use, just in case.
Will not cure them getting in but curtails how long they are with us.

May 22, 2008
Funster No
hi vindiboy .you are speaking to the grand djalaba .come forward and identify your self. i have seen a namementioned but only have a vague idea who you might be. i cant hide anywhere with my truck every body knows it. hello who ever you are. inshallah.
Hi Alan, we met on the beach wild camping near AGADIR, there was a wedding on the beach and the cops kicked us off the night before, and then the next day we were all back and watched the show, your dog ran away because of the gunfire from the Bedoins in the show, we met again a couple of days later in the Supermarket car park and good news you had got your dog back. I have some pictures of your van somewhere but can't find them at the moment, these pictures were taken on the beach where we met .

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 12
  • MOROCCO 2 002.jpg
    MOROCCO 2 002.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 12
  • MOROCCO 2 027.jpg
    MOROCCO 2 027.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 16

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi malc ,yes i remember you. was a good show we were lucky to be so close and watch the wedding .even better to see ahorse charging display .
the white man truck on the first pic is my neighbour here at home .i can see that truck through my front room window.
should have been on ferry today but its cancelled .roll on nx week.
those pics were where the old camping international taghazoute.wonder what changes as happened this year?not going this year staying spain n portugal. have fun see you on the road somewhere.
i cant put pics up i,m useless on computers .can fill gas bottles though ,ha ha. inshallah

bsslemmah

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We had mice bite through the wires to the automatic dump valve on the boiler. Now leave traps baited with Nutella (shows its good for something):roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back