AL-KO suspension (1 Viewer)

Uncle-Steve

Free Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I'm looking for an exploded diagram of the AL-KO torsion bar axle and how its assembled (showing torsion bars etc.) please. Ideally of a 2007+ axle, but earlier ones will be fine.

Thanks in advance for any help :Smile:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I'm looking for an exploded diagram of the AL-KO torsion bar axle and how its assembled (showing torsion bars etc.) please. Ideally of a 2007+ axle, but earlier ones will be fine.

Thanks in advance for any help :Smile:

you can always try and get hold of AL-KO them selfs , we had a problem on one of our older vans and they were very help full , they may e-mail you a diagram

OP
OP
Uncle-Steve

Uncle-Steve

Free Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funster No
you can always try and get hold of AL-KO them selfs , we had a problem on one of our older vans and they were very help full , they may e-mail you a diagram
Thanks for your post ::bigsmile:

I could approach AL-KO, but I tend to find people like them want a chassis number etc. which I don't have :Sad: hence posting on here as some kind sole is bound to have something immediately to hand.

Here's hoping :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Uncle-Steve

Uncle-Steve

Free Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funster No
These are handbooks for motor home chassis and caravan chassis. They may be of some help.

Link Removed

CaravanChassisBook.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Hi Doug, thanks for the links ::bigsmile:

They don't show exactly what I want (exploded diagram of the MH suspension showing the torsion bars etc.), but it does confirm the caravan suspension uses rubber and not steel for the springs as I was talking to someone who was under the impression there was rubber in the MH suspension, where as I believe its solely steel torsion bars.

I'll go an interrogate the links further.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I can't find the diag I was looking for but I am certain that there is square section rubber, think it was 4 round square steel rod, will keep looking.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
maybe of no use but the bottom pic shows the axle at rest with the arm removed.
it will give you an idea of the positioning of the rods.

up to '97 they had torsional leaf springs then '97 onwards.. torsion rods.

automotive-title.gif

Vehicle Technology > Automotive > Axle Technology > Axle Design

All AL-KO amc axles are longitudinal swinging arms, with independent suspension. Depending on the suspension type, a difference is made between torsion bar suspension axles Fig. 1 and air suspension axles Fig. 2.
AMC088.jpg

AMC089.jpg

Fig. 1
Fig. 2.​
Key to Fig.1 & 2.
1 Axle Brackets
2 Axle Brackets
3 Swing arm with inner tube
4 Spring elements (torsion bars)
5 Air Bellows
6 Bellows Bottom Bracket
7 Bellows Bracket Top
Torsion Bar Suspension:
AMC093.gif
Type BT – up to model year 1997

A spring assembly made from individual spring leaves serves as a spring element. These spring assemblies differ in respect of the cross sections, the layering of the leaves, as well as the spring lengths – dependent on axle load and the spring characteristics required.
AMC062.jpg
Type BTR1/BTR1.5/BTR3/CA3

6 torsion bars per axle with splined toothed bar ends, serve as spring elements.
These torsion bars differ in their technical design dependent on the respective permitted axle load and the relevant axle side.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
I have stripped 2 caravan chassis made by alko ...they both had steel torsion bars

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back