Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Microsoft have announced that the new version of Autoroute will be available from November 17th 2009.

Phil.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Microsoft have announced that the new version of Autoroute will be available from November 17th 2009.
Phil.

That's going to be "interesting".

I believe it's the only M$ program that has not been bloated to death over the years and offers just the right ease of use and functionality.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I have used AR since it first came out but had to switch to MS Map Point last year as there were no AR upgrades, it will be interesting to see how good the new version is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Phil

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I have just checked with Amazon to see if they are going to get it. They say it's not on the books ( forgive the pun ) yet but to keep checking their website for it.

Phil.

Marvin Hlavac

Free Member
Nov 1, 2009
Funster No
Link Removed

Phil, I also checked Amazon.co.uk a couple of days ago, but AutoRoute 2010 was still not offered for pre-order. There were older versions of AutoRoute there, but not 2010. But it is coming despite the fact that Microsoft has skipped a couple of version years (no AR 2008, no AR 2009). The new Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 will have a slightly wider map coverage of Europe, 43 countries in the upcoming version 2010 versus 36 countries in the old AutoRoute 2007. There have been several software improvements, especially in the GPS functionality. There will also be a free 60-day trial version offered.

:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We use AR with a GPS, it's the business for route planning and enroute that red circle showing you where you are is very comforting:Smile:

I normally plot the route from AR into my TomTom, Then sian follows our progress using AR and its big picture. Will definitely buy this new version:Smile:

ian81

Free Member
May 27, 2008
Funster No
Mappoint is available as a download and free 60 day trial and seems to offer little extra benefit to old version of Autoroute -except better eastern Europe coverage.

Interesting to note though that you can copy the new map data into your existing copy of Aroute -make sure you backup the old data file and you will need to experiment as a straight copy of all the may not work.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Mappoint is available as a download and free 60 day trial and seems to offer little extra benefit to old version of Autoroute -except better eastern Europe coverage.

Interesting to note though that you can copy the new map data into your existing copy of Aroute -make sure you backup the old data file and you will need to experiment as a straight copy of all the may not work.

Done that and it works fine :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
ok looks cool-looks like what we want-now point me at a post that tells me what else I'd need and how to use it :roflmto:
I currently use navman N60i

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Looks like Amazon are taking orders for shipping on the 11th Dec 2009

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Autoroute-Europe-2010-DVD/dp/B002SPJE8O]Microsoft Autoroute Europe 2010 (PC DVD): Amazon.co.uk: Software[/ame]

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, Looks like Amazon are taking orders for shipping on the 11th Dec 2009

I wonder if there is one little gotcha in V10. Activation.

I have 2007 on this PC and laptop. Has to be that way and it's acceptable use for most software.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Great, but not on Mac

I must admit, this is one piece of Microsoft software that I really really like but sadly cannot run on PPC Mac.. :Sad:

I believe it can run on the Intel Mac using bootcamp, can anyone confirm ?

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Brian

We have been using Autoroute with GPS on our laptop as our sat nav for the last 4 years and find it invaluable.

I even upgraded to MapPoint Europe 2009 to get the later maps but its really not the same in my opinion, its more Business orientated I find, I'm sure it can do probably a 100 times more than Autoroute but as I have said its more focused on Businesses to be able to monitor there resources etc. I do know that you can migrate the later maps from MapPoint into Autoroute which helps.

I have downloaded a trial copy of 2010 from Microsoft and I must admit it doesn't feel a lot different than 2007 which in my opinion is a good thing, I think the maps are similar to MapPoint 2009 and it has the automatic rerouting that some people think was lacking in 2007,

However having used MapPoint 2009's automatic re-routing I can tell you we have turned it off on a number occasions, as when a new road has been built along side of an existing road perhaps 50 yd over to one side the auto re-routing can have a problem, albeit they may have fixed it in 2010, if they haven't then reverting back to just pressing the F4 key is in my opinion the way to go.

Hope that helps

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, Brian

We have been using Autoroute with GPS on our laptop as our sat nav for the last 4 years and find it invaluable.
Hope that helps

You're preaching to the converted here. Possibly M$ finest program because they never bloated it.

I've never used it on the road because of laptop size. I've even considered building a dedicated PC but never got round to it. A cheap small tablet PC would be the way -- now I'll have to stop my fingers typing ebay.co.uk.

OP
OP
Phil

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I downloaded the 60 day trial version on the 4th November and have been using it every day since then for planning my winter tour of Spain and Portugal.

It is very similar to AR 2007, there are minor improvements, and the speed is much improved. The main advantage, of course, is that there are all the updated maps and more detail for the Eastern European countries.

It works very well with the gps receiver that I bought for use with AR 2007 and makes the laptop into, IMO, a very superior sat nav.

Bottom line, I like it and it is probably the best software ever marketed by Microsoft.

Phil.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I contacted Microsoft UK to see if the licence covered me for a PC and net book and about activation, this is the reply.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, that should be OK.

All previous releases of Microsoft® Autoroute™ have been licensed for 2 computers owned by the licensee, but one needs to be a 'portable device'. We have seen nothing in the latest versions license that will change that.

We have not yet had confirmation that the downloadable trial is convertable with the key from the boxed product. So we cannot say with any certainty either way on that. As netbooks generally do not have CD/DVD drives, you may have to load it from an external driver onto your netbook.

If you ever get problems with activation, call the activation helpline on 0800 0188 354.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I must admit, this is one piece of Microsoft software that I really really like but sadly cannot run on PPC Mac.. :Sad:

I believe it can run on the Intel Mac using bootcamp, can anyone confirm ?

I use an Intel MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and Windows 7. On Windows I use Microsoft Autoroute 2007 and may update later on with Autoroute 2010.
When you boot up you hold down the option key and select which operating system you want. The only problems I have experienced are that the ISight camera does not work, the touch pad does but most of the facilities are disabled and at first I had to download the drivers for NVidea for Windows 7. I think I get the best of both worlds.
John

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
FWIW, I found some while ago on one of the GPS forums, a method of using MP2009 maps on AR2007. The problem with MP2009 was that there were a shortage of POI icons and bloated software.

May be fix for AR2010, It would take an evil mind to suggest taking the maps from AR2010 and using them in AR2007, :Blush:

Rgds

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Just a thought to see if anyone knows if it is possible, can you link this through the reversing camera to show on the screen.

What else is required apart from a laptop

Marvin Hlavac

Free Member
Nov 1, 2009
Funster No
We are doing a promotional giveaway of various PC mapping navigation software programs including USB GPS receivers for laptops/netbooks/tablets/UMPC, starting today, December 11 to 17.

The following products will be given away:Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
There will be two of each given away. Each will include a USB GPS receiver.

For a chance to win, just post a reply/comment/question/anything to the above links. Winners will be randomly chosen.

Re: AutoRoute availability. It seems the ETA for the product has been moved from December 11 to after Dec 30th. :(

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We are doing a promotional giveaway of various PC mapping navigation software programs including USB GPS receivers for laptops/netbooks/tablets/UMPC, starting today, December 11 to 17.

• Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed

For a chance to win, just post a reply/comment/question/anything to the above links. Winners will be randomly chosen.

Re: AutoRoute availability. It seems the ETA for the product has been moved from December 11 to after Dec 30th. :(

I have never used Autoroute, but would like to win one to give us more ideas of getting to places.
thanks

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
If it's as good as the 2007 verson I am up for it. :thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years

• Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed

Right result, went and signed up at Marvin's site and was one of the chosen ones and the Autoroute software with GPS locater arrived today.

Many thanks again Marvin:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Congratulations Dane, a good result for you.:thumb:
Please let us all know how you get on with it.:winky: