Motorhome parking facilities in towns (1 Viewer)

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
Following a suggestion on one of last week's forums, I wrote to the councils of some of the places who have dedicated motorhome parking, thanking them for providing that facility.
Here is the reply I received from York:

Strathspey,

Many thanks for your comments with reference to motor homes parking at the park and ride car parks. It has been recognized that there has been a need for larger vehicles to be able to park away from City centres. With this in mind the three new park and ride sites to be built will incorporate motor home parking areas.

Gwilym Thomas
York Park and Ride Officer :thumb:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Well done! Going to the trouble of writing/emailing local authorities raises profiles and reminds them of a need for spaces. I am aware of a powerful lobby from the website listed above, but individual contacts make a difference as well.

Thanks

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
good old York,
now - if they could just be persuaded to allow overnighting -

the P+R at Priory Park Hull does, or perhaps that should now be past tense since there has been some shady dealing apparently going on over the switch of the contract from EYMS to a firm from some big city somewhere south of Watford Gap :Doh:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
As ralph-dot points out in his link one of our members GJH has done a very extensive job of this already, it's worth looking at the site and buying the CD:thumb:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
As ralph-dot points out in his link one of our members GJH has done a very extensive job of this already, it's worth looking at the site and buying the CD:thumb:

Buying the CD !!!
you mean with real money !!!

oh my :whistle:

'tis a good site / sight though :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread