Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Chester. UK
Funster No
MH
VW Komet camper
Exp
Spring 09
Hi everyone, can anyone recomend an overnight stopping place in the Huddersfield /Holmfirth area ? Also interested in Bury and North East Coast. All comments would be much appreciated. Thks Tilly and Bill:Smile:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi everyone, can anyone recomend an overnight stopping place in the Huddersfield /Holmfirth area ? Also interested in Bury and North East Coast. All comments would be much appreciated. Thks Tilly and Bill:Smile:

Only "wild" one that springs to mind is the car park on top of Holmes Moss (if that's the sort of thing you're looking for?) Peddled over there many a time and always thought it would make a superb over-nighter. Never used it as such but looks nicely out of the way. Might get the odd courting couple but I cant see you getting boy racers up there, bit too far out of it.

HtH

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
There is a very nice Caravan Club site at Bolholt Country Park in Bury. Very neat and tidy.
Huddersfield is a little difficult because we lived there so had no cause to look for sites!
However, there was a guy who was setting up a CL site in Saddleworth Road, Greetland, Nr Halifax. If he has done it, and that was three years ago, it is a nice spot.
The next nearest is Sowerby Bridge but I can't remember much about it.
Regards
Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Huddersfield

[I]You could try Holme Valley Camping and Caravan Park, its about 5 miles out of Huddersfield. The entrance is a bit tight at this time of year, enter with care![

Tel: 01484 665819 or google "holme Valley Camping and Caravan Park" for additional information:thumb
:

Nomadic/I]

Last edited:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We can recommend Fowberry Farm which is a CL near Bamburgh. It has great views and is halfway between Bamburgh and Seahouses. It is on the Caravan Club web site.

We can also recommend the CC site at Old Hartley which is just north of Whitley Bay.

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Re your Bury requirement....our drive? We live in Rochdale, 10/15 minutes away.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Holme Valley caravan park is a mile out of Holmfirth. Open all year. They have straightened

the dry stone walls on the access road and is now get downable for a 101 inch wide RV.

(although ONLY just )

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
[I]You could try Holme Valley Camping and Caravan Park, its about 5 miles out of Huddersfield. The entrance is a bit tight at this time of year, enter with care![

Tel: 01484 665819 or google "holme Valley Camping and Caravan Park" for additional information:thumb
:

Nomadic/I]

..............just be prepared to put up with the fact that the fishing people there think its OK to rest thier kit and rods up against your pride and joy and the the site is there for fishing, not 'vans!

OP
OP
T

tilly ivimey

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Chester. UK
Funster No
MH
VW Komet camper
Exp
Spring 09
There is a very nice Caravan Club site at Bolholt Country Park in Bury. Very neat and tidy.
Huddersfield is a little difficult because we lived there so had no cause to look for sites!
However, there was a guy who was setting up a CL site in Saddleworth Road, Greetland, Nr Halifax. If he has done it, and that was three years ago, it is a nice spot.
The next nearest is Sowerby Bridge but I can't remember much about it.
Regards
Patrick
Many thanks for your info. We shall check it out and report back to one and all. TillnBill:Smile:

OP
OP
T

tilly ivimey

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Chester. UK
Funster No
MH
VW Komet camper
Exp
Spring 09
Huddersfield/ North East

Many thanks to all for very helpful advice and info. Hopefully we shall check out all options over the coming months ( including the front drive offer, great ! ) TillnBill xx:thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Yes the only site I know on Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth is Holme Valley Camping and Caravan Park. There is another site at Kirkheaton but its not near to Holmfirth.

kaybee327

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A bit late but another option is Willow Valley Golf Club which is a CC CL about 3 miles north of Hudds between Brighouse and Cleckheaton.

Stayed many times and can recommend

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back