Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks

I'm reading that a CCI card is required for a trip to Europe. We never had one when we went to Spain and had no problems.

Is a CCI Card needed/reccomended for France.

As I understand it the ACSI Card allows discounts at various selected sites. We will only be there for just over two weeks. Is an ASCI Card needed/reccomended as I'm told that the CCI Card allows for discounts at selected camp sites.

Cheers

Jim
:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
CCI can save handing in your passport - sometimes.

ACSI well worth it for the low price - decent site guide and discounts.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
CCI can save handing in your passport - sometimes.

ACSI well worth it for the low price - decent site guide and discounts.

as above, CCI not needed but gives some insurance and is only available form clubs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
As above you can hand it in at campsites instead of your passport, as well as the acsi card there is camping cheques which give discounts outside the main/peak season and have a lot of sites all over europe

www.campingcheque.co.uk

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thinking about the haggling thread, can you get a triple bubble discount using ASCI, CCI and Camping Cheques.

Jim
:RollEyes:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I have seen suggestions that the CCI card is required in Sweden & Denmark but never having been to either of these places I can't confirm or deny that,

As said some sites will accept them in place of your passport but not all, and some sites give you a discount we have received 10% on a number of occasions.

They also provide a level of insurance, but just how necessary this is I don't know, you can read more about the card on there web site

Link Removed

We always carry one as they only cost around £5 if you are a member of one of the clubs, sometimes depending on if you make a booking they can be free,

The Camping and Caravanning Club - Camping Card International

hope that helps

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

In the absence of a CCI card or sometimes the ACSI card which a lot of campsites will accept in place of your passport, we have found that a lot of sites will accept a reduced sized copy of your passport,

We scanned the front red page which shows the Crest and United Kingdom and then the page with your photo and details etc, reduced them down to credit card size stuck them back to back and laminated them, and it works a treat, saves having to hand your passport over at campsites

Just a suggestion

Hope it helps

Braunston

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi, I have seen suggestions that the CCI card is required in Sweden & Denmark but never having been to either of these places I can't confirm or deny that,
<snipped>

We were in Sweden last year. We had CCI and ACSI but we needed to fill in a form for a Camping Card Scandinavia. I don't recollect how much it cost, but it wasn't huge sums of money. They didn't ask to see it (CCS) in Denmark.

John

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi .I am not a member of any Motorhome or Caravan Clubs . Is there another way I could get a CCI card ,:thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, John

Thanks for the update, after posting the above I read some of the information on the CCI site and it made some suggestions about Sweden and having to possibly join some other Card type scheme

Thanks

Braunston

We were in Sweden last year. We had CCI and ACSI but we needed to fill in a form for a Camping Card Scandinavia. I don't recollect how much it cost, but it wasn't huge sums of money. They didn't ask to see it in Denmark.

John

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I think the RAC or AA used to offer it, but I'm not sure if they still do, I know ADAC offers it but I think you will need to be a member, try a Google search, there are other search engines ?

Hi .I am not a member of any Motorhome or Caravan Clubs . Is there another way I could get a CCI card ,:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
as above, CCI not needed but gives some insurance and is only available form clubs

And it seems you must be a member - just tried C&CC and failed. Was a member last time I bought.

At the moment no reason to re-join I guess they do have some good offers for the UK when we've done Europe.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Brian

I must agree, while I believe we recovered the cost of the card from discounts we received at some sites as its only £5, I really don't think it would be worth joining a club just for the card. As i really doubt you could recover the cost of both, and if you only want it, to save having to leave your passport with the Campsite then its worth trying my suggestion above as that's a lot cheaper.

We stay with the C&CC as they have one or two sites that suit us and the old timers discount, or what ever they call it, does make a weekend away quiet cheap during the winter. Albeit we have joined ADAC so could purchase a CCI card from them also.

And it seems you must be a member - just tried C&CC and failed. Was a member last time I bought.

At the moment no reason to re-join I guess they do have some good offers for the UK when we've done Europe.

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Both the CCI & ASCI Web sites give good information about their Cards.

For Sweden it does tell you on one of the sites which card you need.

From a purley financial aspect, You turn up at a camp site with ASCI, CCI and Camping Cheques. Whats the best way to determine which one gives the most discount.

We are in the C&CC and do get some discounts on sites in the UK, plus we have breakdown insurance through them with the Arrivals Breakdown scheme. So we will for sure get a CCI Card.

Jim

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I have never used Camping Cheques, but I do carry the ASCI Camping Card and a CCI Card and at the sites where the ASCI Camping Card is accepted its always better to use, we only ever use the CCI card at sites where the Camping Card is not accepted, hope that makes sense.

Check the C&CC web site as if you purchase certain things they offer the CCI free, we always have to pay the £4.95 as we don't use any other of their services.

From a purley financial aspect, You turn up at a camp site with ASCI, CCI and Camping Cheques. Whats the best way to determine which one gives the most discount.

We are in the C&CC and do get some discounts on sites in the UK, plus we have breakdown insurance through them with the Arrivals Breakdown scheme. So we will for sure get a CCI Card.

Jim

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I would make sure you get the ACSI card and book, they are sent out mid December for 2010, if your away before hand, he will send them to a site or some sites sell them.::bigsmile:

The CCI Card, you can also get from the RAC, but who ever you get them from you have to be a member.:Smile:

Link Removed

Link Removed

I would get one save handing your passport over..........and with all the immigrants they have it could easy go missing.:RollEyes:::bigsmile::winky: Bob.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001

Hi,

When we went to Sweden, Denmark, & Finland, we had to purchase a "Camping Card Scandinavia" to be allowed on to campsites. It was purchased at the first campsite. They wanted sight of our CCI card and Passport, and the fee, before authorising the card.
It is impossible to camp, on a site, without one in these countries.

Nomadic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back