Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Has anybody had any experiance of these Econo-heat electric radiators. They are only 400watts but are supposed to heat a room 12 metres square, price around £79.00. They would ideal in thre RV when site power is a little low. Over to you.:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Has anybody had any experiance of these Econo-heat electric radiators. They are only 400watts but are supposed to heat a room 12 metres square, price around £79.00. They would ideal in thre RV when site power is a little low. Over to you.:thumb::thumb:

400 watts is 400 watts, simple as that.

We've got 200W of background heat in the MH and it just keeps it from freezing.

I'll bet it does not say "heats 12x12 toasting warm in mid winter".

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
had nothing to do with them but there is some mixed reviews online.

heres one for......

One of the top electric panel heaters in production is the Econo-Heat electric heater. The Econo-Heat slim panel heater uses small spacers to mount to a wall and the air gap between the wall and the electric heater creates efficient convection heat. The Econo-Heat is meant for smaller bedrooms (10 x 10) but does a great job with spaces of 100 SQ FT or less. You can install them in less than 5 minutes and they are virtually maintenance free. It uses less power than the average computer (400 watts) and costs about $.03/hour to run based on the average power cost of $.08 per kilowatt/hr. There is also no fire or burn risk because the electric heater panel has no exposed electric elements. The panel heater is similar to baseboard heaters and works the same as a central heating system except for much cheaper. The Econo-Heat panel heater will work more economically than electric reverse cycle air conditioners, electric radiator heaters, electric fan heaters, and electric oil heaters. The cost of the Econo-Heat is just $89.95 and will improve your energy efficiency immediately.

i could swear a 10ft X 10ft room has a floor area of 100sq ft

and one against.....

After reading several reviews of the E-Heat panels, I decided to order two. We live in an area of the country with exceptionally low electric power rates, largely due to plentiful hydropower. Anything we could do to lower the monthly gas bill seemed worth a try.

The panels are rated at 425 watts. Two feet in width and length, they are wall-mounted between 6 and 18 inches high per the manufacturer's instructions. They are powered by a standard electrical plug-in to 120 volts AC. There is a narrow gap between wall and panel. The concept is: a convection current, or flow, will move hot air upward between the panel and the wall and into the room, no fan required.

Econo Heat offers several auxiliary thermostats from 45 to 60 dollars. These will control three to four panels each, with the top two models providing digital programmability. Without a thermostat, the panel(s) will be on continuously.

Unfortunately, after one week with our newly-installed panel, we could only come to the conclusion that this is a largely useless appliance. Except for the heating benefit to be had by standing immediately next to the panel after a morning shower, the rest of the room remained cool, or at least at the mercy of the (natural gas) central heating system. Both the relatively low 425 Watt rating and the lack of a fan were probably to blame for the panel's poor performance, although the manufacturer touts these as energy saving features.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I agree with Brian absolutely.

It doesn't matter a damn what claims the maker may make, or whatever technological claims are made, a 400w heater can only put out 400w.

400w is a very low wattage for a heater, and I know for a fact that 400w in my habitation area would only raise the temperature to around 18c, and my van if fully winterised, and well insulated.

When I have to, I use a 1kw fan heater on half power to assist the blown air, and it does help, but on it's own?? No chance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back