Tools/ etc (1 Viewer)

Gordy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
benfleet Essex
Funster No
Hi All

Not sure if this has be covered before. Will pick up van end of year so i just thought I sort out some bits to put on board Wife is getting things for kitchen area So i was just wondering what do you Funster pack in the way of tools for your vans things that you could not do without. cheers I know about the corksrew ha!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know about the corksrew ha!

Dont forget this.. ::bigsmile:

Bottle_Opener.jpg

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi All

Not sure if this has be covered before. Will pick up van end of year so i just thought I sort out some bits to put on board Wife is getting things for kitchen area So i was just wondering what do you Funster pack in the way of tools for your vans things that you could not do without. cheers I know about the corksrew ha!

Terminal screwdriver with neon , Voltstick ,Screwdriver with changable tips ,pliers , adjustable spanner , insulation tape ,terminal blocks ,selection of screws,spare lamps for habitation and cab,hose connectors ,nylon ties ,and the list goes on:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Again Gordy

In your case first thing is golf clubs :ROFLMAO:

I carry a small socket set a small and large shifter a few screwdrivers, some elec tape and a mixture of cable ties some fuses and bulbs some jubilee clips and thats about it as we have breakdown cover these are only for emergency or small jobs inside the motorhome.

Also carry a couple of wind up torches good for emergencies at night or for returning to motorhome from pub :ROFLMAO:.

Hope this helps.
Gerry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gordy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
benfleet Essex
Funster No
Hi Stagman

Thanks for reply,but being new to motorhome I was abit concered about the weight what with everythink else that is loaded on

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Yes I know weight can be a problem I have given up the beer and now just have the occassional glass of wine . Over the last couple of years I have been taking kit off the van that I haven't used .On our last journey to France I had 3 sets of windbreakers never used them, they are now off.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Multimeter, gas detector, damp meter. polarity tester, Screwdrivers, pliers, cable crimpers, cable, terminals, hose rings, bulbs, screws. Hammer, socket set, adjustable spanner x 2 sizes, open ended/ring spanners. Easy bleeding kit, oil, brake fluid, wd40, fan belt, oil and fuel filters. cable ties, electric tape, duck tape, scotchlocks and terminal blocks, tenon saw, drill, pop rivet gun and rivets, sheet metal cutters. Gas powered soldering iron. hacksaw. Tyre inflater, jack, axle stand.
Just a basic toolkit really.
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi All

Gas bottle spanner....sat nav......gafffa tape.......

Mel

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I normally take a small basic tool kit. If you belong to a recovery service why take more.
You can always find somewhere to buy a cheap tool to get you by, for some little job while on the move.
Otherwise make do till you get home, who wants to work while away.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
try and carry full workshop facilitys at all time .lathes etc not included. if we cant fix it someone else possibly cant either. its not what you take its what you leave behind thats the problem.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I must confess :winky: I have a few Spanners, Screw Drivers, Jubilee Clips and Cable Ties in the van. :roflmto: And never carry any tools in the cars, 24 years ago when we started the family, Jane BANNED the tool box, and having estate car's I never had anywhere to hide thing's Bob.::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Bob.

Upvote 0

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
When we got our 'van U just picked up a small 'toolkit' from Screwfix Link Removed although it was on offer at the time as I paid half of current price. I then added other bits such as tape, cable ties and terminal blox.

I found out at 10pm on Saturday before last that I did not have a suitable spanner for the gas bottles so thats a must get.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back