Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Good morning one and all,

Just finnished putting Towing frame onto the New toad namely TOYOTA YARIS VERSO. Not quite as straight forward as I first thought.

Plan was to remove radiator and associated gubbins and bolt a 5mm plate across the crossmember. Drained radiator,dissconnected hoses and electrics to fan and a funny looking aluminium pipe out the top end of the rad was temporairly disconnected for approx 5 secs, where by I got covered in a high pressure liquid which I later discover is
Air-conditionning fluid/gas.

Oops:Doh:
Never had this on a vehicle before so decided to go to Plan B, namely connect everything up again and refill radiator etc.

Bolted plate to underside of cross-member with supporting sections verticaly up the channels, also a strap to behind the engine to the chassis sub-frame, Motor-Bike brake cable from Foot pedal to bracket on towing Pull Bar ( 25mm sloid steel bar with two collars welded on either end 50mm in; ALL welded to a 5mm piece of angel iron which is bolted to the underneath Plate).So already to go, :thumb:eek:r am I.

Question is do I need to do anything about my lapse of knowledge regarding the Air-conditioning fluid loss or can I drive off and put it down to experience.

Regards

Brian

garfield

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
North west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
40yrs
If you want the a/c to work you will have to have the system evacuated (vacced out) and then recharged with the right amount and type of gas. Halfords or quik fit should be able to do this.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you want the a/c to work you will have to have the system evacuated (vacced out) and then recharged with the right amount and type of gas. Halfords or quik fit should be able to do this.

and as they cant salvage the old refridgerant they will charge you for new refridgerant.

normally when the fluid is evacuated it is weighed/measured accurately and when recharged you are charged for any extra fluid used....not the full refill amount.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MAUBRI
Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Hi again,

Had the system purged took just over an hour for a totaly automatic setup, just connected up and off it went.
Result, it now goes down to 6 degrees which wasn't required today of course.

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back