wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We met an English couple in France this year and they had a type of clip on curtain for the awning of the motor home. Clipped on at the top and pegged at the bottom, this kept the sun out of the awning area in the pm and evening. Great idea but where can they be bought.

OP
OP
wayfarer

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Awning curtains???

Exactly like that. Thank you pappajohn.
You the man.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it doesnt clip on but slides into the awning front rail channel.
the ends are fixed on telescopic tubes (actually telescopic clothes props) which fit between the front rail and the awning casing.

i bought a 4mtr front panel and one end panel for £90 ( if i remember right :Doh:) at malvern this year.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We met an English couple in France this year and they had a type of clip on curtain for the awning of the motor home. Clipped on at the top and pegged at the bottom, this kept the sun out of the awning area in the pm and evening. Great idea but where can they be bought.

May even have been us. Ours caused a lot of interest in France, people were impressed with the cooler temperatures in the awning:Cool:. The're good for keeping out the wind too, though they are not waterproof.

OP
OP
wayfarer

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Awning curtains???

Could have been, nearlyretired. We met this couple in Le Touquet on the evening of 30th June in the Aire. It was very hot and the awning wasn't much use because of the angle of the sun and then I spotted the awning with the windblocker and was very impressed. We were working our way to Calais for the Ferry back home at the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Heres the company thats at all the shows
Link Removed
Just had a set custom made for an American RV:thumb:
Geo

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Also try Foxwell Leisure. I have a front wall from them that fits into the awning rail. Its made from tinted PVC. Cost about £70 for a 4mtr.

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back