Poole to St Malo ferry crossing (1 Viewer)

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Seems a bit expensive.

2 + <6.5m MH return trip in March (no later dates shown yet) about £180 and that was from Weymouth - couldn't get Condor to show Poole ~ St. Malo (which looks like it goes via Jersey).

Why Poole? There are plenty of sailings from Portsmouth, but I haven't looked at any prices, and I wouldn't have thought there was much difference in the journey time from Middlesbrough.

John

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I have the booking via Sibul Holidays, for around £175 return in June, just waiting for confirmation from condor, I was just wondering what it was like.

as for expensive the P&O Hull ferry is usually around £400

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I would have used them but they only accept MH upto 6.5m long (you have to turn around on board) and 3.1m high. Looking at the spec for your Mclouis you will have 3cm clearance.

You may have to let your tyres down :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ferries

We wave to Funsters from our house in Poole as they move down the harbour. Do we use the ferries from Poole --- NO!, they are too expensive.
We use LD twice a year from Portsmouth at a cost of £220 return (Caravan Club). You will note LeHavre is a lot lower down in France than Cherbourg which is more expensive, even with 'owners abroad' tickets, Poole -Malo with Condor again is expensive with not much gain in France.

St.Cyr

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
West Wales/Normandy
Funster No
MH
Merc self-build
Exp
On & off, 30 years ...
I agree with ronald4874 - we always use LD Lines for the car or the MH. Any time of year they are consistently substantially cheaper than the alternatives. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We wave to Funsters from our house in Poole as they move down the harbour. Do we use the ferries from Poole --- NO!, they are too expensive.
We use LD twice a year from Portsmouth at a cost of £220 return (Caravan Club). You will note LeHavre is a lot lower down in France than Cherbourg which is more expensive, even with 'owners abroad' tickets, Poole -Malo with Condor again is expensive with not much gain in France.

I have paid £175 Poole to St Malo, and it depends where you are going in France.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Hi
We used the Condor ferry on our home run from hols this year
If we used it again we would deffo book better seating, the standard ones are not that comfy for a long trip.
The executive lounge is well worth the extra, or you can upgrade to a reclining seat for less
Go on, it,s hols spoil yourselves !!!
Have Happy Daze ::bigsmile:
Chrisboyo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back